Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She isn't stock anymore though. At the last minute decided on some nittos this week otherwise the car is stone stock. Good thing with nittos since traction is usually crap with street tires at our tracks. Weather was really warm for this time of year which kinda sucked. Was 71 degrees out making the DA 2100! After two shakedown passes trying to figure out launch technique we let her rip n the third launching about 3200rpm and 20 psi on the nittos.

Here it is,

1/8...8.37
mph..84.78
1/4...12.98
mph..107.40

Tried another launch at 4000 rpm and the poor stock clutch cried mercy. Nice lil cloud of clutch smoke came out..tires didn't break loose though and it killed my 60 foot time. Only ran a 13.23 at 106.69 with a 2.07 60 foot time. I think with street tires we would of fight wheelhop and spun alot, didn't really have to many issue with wheelhop as long as we hooked good. If we can get to the track at 50 deg and have the clutch hold a 3500rpm launch I think it should do a 12.8 at 108mph easily.

·
Registered
28 Posts
thats sounds about right with everything. i couldnt launch any higher than a 2600 with a full slick...i tried but like u said the clutch felt very week to me and i wouldnt do it again. im hoping with the nitrous to slam into the 11's....im gonna run her with spray in like 2 weeks and see what to launch at. I had a blown trans am b4 this and launchin wasnt a problem...ive never had a car that is such a pain in the ass to figure out where to launch. but u know, pratice makes perfect.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.