Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really adds to the car, makes it look like the bad azz it is (IMHO)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Merry Christmas to all

Nice Hood, i fully agree with you, gives it that bad arse look

Are the louvers fuctional on that hood?
and if so can you keep the water out of the engine? like do they open and close?

How much for the Hood? and then the total price with getting it painted?

Thanks.. one of the best looking aftermarket hoods ive seen on the GTO

Happy Holidays everyone!!!! Tony

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Z16Z06 said:
Nice Hood, i fully agree with you, gives it that bad arse look

Are the louvers fuctional on that hood?
and if so can you keep the water out of the engine? like do they open and close?

How much for the Hood? and then the total price with getting it painted?

Thanks.. one of the best looking aftermarket hoods ive seen on the GTO

Happy Holidays everyone!!!! Tony
There is an internal duct between the scoops and the vents. It's probably more appearance than function. Dealer had this hood in stock, I paid $1300 painted and installed. Not a great deal but a fair price. :cheers:

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think thats a GREAT price you got because these guys are talking about the new 05 scooped hood costing 800 bucks plus $$ having it painted.

I like your hood much better than the new 05 hood!!

Thanks for the answer i will be checking into this when i decide which color im buying. The Cosmo Purple is tempting me.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Get the purple. I think it looks awesome and you never see them around. You would even be more unique than a average GTO owner, well besides the barbados blue :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Rex are you going to get the Autocross grille inserts in the furure b/c I think it would really make your Goat look mean? BTW I love the hood expecially the rear vents!

·
Registered
161 Posts
The hood looks great on your car. I have the same one on my Torrid Red Goat. Next I want to add a Monaro front end. All in due time.

·
Registered
46 Posts
:cool
Z16Z06 said:
I think thats a GREAT price you got because these guys are talking about the new 05 scooped hood costing 800 bucks plus $$ having it painted.

I like your hood much better than the new 05 hood!!

Thanks for the answer i will be checking into this when i decide which color im buying. The Cosmo Purple is tempting me.
Before you decide, take a serious look at the Barbados Blue. You won't regret it ! Hmmmmm... but maybe I'm a little biased. :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Stayingeast said:
:cool
Before you decide, take a serious look at the Barbados Blue. You won't regret it ! Hmmmmm... but maybe I'm a little biased. :)
Hi and thanks for the idea on your nice looking blue color GTO. The only reason im staying away from blue is i have a Lemans Blue Z06 right now. So i was looking for something different to look at and clean in the Cosmo or Yellow cars.

Getting excited about Monday now. Cant wait to see that interior on the Cosmo!!

Thanks i appreciate all the ideas and suggestions.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas... Tony

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SasdawgGTO said:
WOWEE,
I used to really not like how that hood looked, but I will throw you some props, because its looks amazing on your car man. Good Choice. CHeck out my ride if you have some time.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ondubs66/my_photos
Lemme know what you think so far.
From what I could see looks real nice, some daytime pictures would be better!
:cheers:

·
Registered
1 Posts
What did you do?

Just wondering if you made a decision... We picked up a Cosmos Purple (the only 6-speed available in our area) a week and a half ago.

I have to say, that the more I drive it and see it under various lighting conditions, the more I like the purple! It is 1000% more subtle than the red or yellow cars, and it glows in the sunshine or under artificial light.

The Cosmo interior IMHO of course, is one of the coolest colors I've seen.

BTW, we just got back from a 1500 mile trip from MI to NC in the storm of the century (got stuck in the fast lane of I-75 going over the bridge between Cincinnati and Covington and had to have my wife get out and push!

The car ran flawlessly, handled amazingly well in the snow and ice, and was an absolute ball to drive on the two lane mountain twisties! Great exhaust sound for a stock setup - really crackles nice when you downshift or let off going down a hill!

Bottom line - this has got to be the most under rated car of the decade!

(and we didn't see one other GTO on the whole trip)

JB

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 15 of 15 Posts