Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
501 RWHP & 469 RWTQ
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got her back. The JHP lip spoiler was installed holes filled from old spoiler. Lower front grill painted and clear coated to match all the other grilles. I had to remove the insulation on the underside of the hood due to the supercharger and the hood had very little paint on the underside so I had it painted black and clear coated. Arrowhead emblems front and rear are black now. The GTO in the side badges are now yellow to match the car. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Gotta get that spoiler, the car looks great! Very nice job of putting it together...

Where'd you get the spoiler?

Chris

·
501 RWHP & 469 RWTQ
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Cadsbury said:
Gotta get that spoiler, the car looks great! Very nice job of putting it together...

Where'd you get the spoiler?

Chris
I got the spoiler from JHP in Aussie land.

Thanks guys. I think it turned out pretty good as well. I had done the spoiler delete at first which I liked a lot but had already ordered the lip spoiler and finally decided to install it. I think I like it better than the spoiler delete. I really do like having the underside of the hood painted black and clear coated. that made a huge difference in how the engine bay looks with the hood up. You can't see it to well in those pictures. Here is a better picture of it. If you look at the center of the hood you can see the reflection of the supercharger.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
05 Goat, too bad Pontiac didn't follow this path with the factory styling!
It looks very nice.

The factory trunk wing is just too big, oddly shaped and consequently ruins the look of the car.

I gotta believe that the team who did the body design for Holden had something more like your car in mind than the GTO final design.

·
Registered
273 Posts
05GOAT said:
I got the psoiler from JHP in Aussie land.

Thanks guys. I think it turned out pretty good as well. I had done the spoiler delete at first which I liked a lot but had already ordered the lip spoiler and finally decided to install it. I think I like it better than the spoiler delete. I really do like having the underside of the hood painted black and clear coated. that made a huge difference in how the engine bay looks with the hood up. You can't see it to well in those pictures. Here is a better picture of it. If you look at the center of the hood you can see the reflection of the supercharger.

:cheers are you happy with the maggie.

·
501 RWHP & 469 RWTQ
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
burnz said:
:cheers are you happy with the maggie.
The Maggie was one of the best things I bought for the car. It is amazing how much low end torque it has now. I can't keep the tires from spinning through the first four gears without being careful. Instant power gotta love it. :party:

·
501 RWHP & 469 RWTQ
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ftlfirefighter said:
Hey Mike, I saw your goat at Ravenswood last time I was there. They do AMAZING work, you couldn't have picked a better shop! Hope to see you at Tower Shops again soon.
They do a hell of a job. I'll try and make down there soon. This weekend I'm putting it in a car show and next weekend I am heading to Bradenton. The track is rented out for the night. Lots of runs. There are bunch of people caravaning over from Westpalm. Maybe I can get down to Tower after that.

·
Registered
273 Posts
05GOAT said:
The Maggie was one of the best things I bought for the car. It is amazing how much low end torque it has now. I can't keep the tires from spinning through the first four gears without being careful. Instant power gotta love it. :party:
:cool thats a sweet ride take care of her. thanx for the feed back. I'm looking to install one over the winter. 06 m6 cyclone gray.

·
501 RWHP & 469 RWTQ
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
burnz said:
:cool thats a sweet ride take care of her. thanx for the feed back. I'm looking to install one over the winter. 06 m6 cyclone gray.

I'll take care of her. You won't regret getting a Maggie. :D

·
Registered
558 Posts
05GOAT said:
You won't regret getting a Maggie.
I'm really thinking of doing this. Can you convince me I won't regret it if I go ahead? What I'd like to know:

1) What the modification cost (if you had a shop do it, which I would).
2) Do you really need to remove the underhood insulation? I don't want to.
3) Is it easy to live with as a daily driver? My GTO's my only ride.
4) Do superchargers void your warranty?

Your car looks awesome, by the way--tasteful and restrained. Just the right amount of "hey-look-at-me."

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.