Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those with an 04, you can get a set of polyurethane bushings for the rearend (at the point where the IRS attaches to the body). These bushings GREATLY reduce some of the wheelhop culprit common in the 04 models.

Some of the items offered by Energy Suspension are below:

Year - 2004
Front End Control Arm Bushing Set - 3.3187
Rear End Control Arm Bushing Set - 3.3188
Front Sway Bar Endlink Set - 9.8161
Front Sway Bar Bushing Set - 28mm - 3.5210
Complete Rear Sway Bar Bushing Set - 20mm - 3.5211
Rear Sub-Frame Bushing Set (street firm) - 3.4125 (126)
Rear Sub-Frame Bushing Set (race firm) - 3.4164 (127)

OR, you can get the complete package.

HYPER-FLEX SYSTEM Complete Master Bushing Set Includes: Front control arm bushings, rear control arm bushings, front sway bar bushings, complete rear sway bar bushing set, rear sub-frame bushing set (street firm).

Part No.: 3.18134 (126)

How much for these parts? Well, the rear subframe bushing set, which controls a portion of the wheelhop, is $96!!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
They will help wheel hop, but if your GTO is an everyday driver, I would not recommend them. I replaced all the rubber bushings in my '02 GT with polyurethane ones and while the handling characteristics improved, the the ride was rough and they were noisy, especially in colder weather.

·
Registered
214 Posts
johnebgoode said:
and they're graphite impregnated to eliminate squeaks.....!!! All those parts are good for the '05 also.
That solves the biggest issue I had with the poly parts I mentioned above

·
Registered
910 Posts
QwkRed05GTO said:
They will help wheel hop, but if your GTO is an everyday driver, I would not recommend them. I replaced all the rubber bushings in my '02 GT with polyurethane ones and while the handling characteristics improved, the the ride was rough and they were noisy, especially in colder weather.
Allegedly the graphite is supposed to help the noise. As far as everyday driving, I'm going to take the chance and see how it is. Only doin the rear sub frame bushings.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
U guys really hear the noise of your car? .. gah all I hear is my motor screaming and my sounds .. LMAO... "im going def" :willy: :party:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts