Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
GTODEALER said:
Yep, as far as I can remember...... it sucks.....
Really? I thought this was an evolution in technology. Arnt these things sealed, and contain enough lubricant to last the life of the bearing surfaces? I had several cars with sealed wheel bearings (hub assemblies) and sealed ball joins, tie rod ends and such and didnt replace the hubs at all, the ball joints and tie rod ends at like 165,000 miles. Seemed like a good deal to me, I know wheel bearings used to require maintenance (repacking) and you would have to replace the bearings and races before 165K miles. Is this a fuel injection vs carburetion; DIS vs cap-rotor-coil thing?

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
JMVorbeck said:
Really? I thought this was an evolution in technology. Arnt these things sealed, and contain enough lubricant to last the life of the bearing surfaces? I had several cars with sealed wheel bearings (hub assemblies) and sealed ball joins, tie rod ends and such and didnt replace the hubs at all, the ball joints and tie rod ends at like 165,000 miles. Seemed like a good deal to me, I know wheel bearings used to require maintenance (repacking) and you would have to replace the bearings and races before 165K miles. Is this a fuel injection vs carburetion; DIS vs cap-rotor-coil thing?
Some people get 165k miles out of them and some get 1600 miles, I see tons of cars come in for wheel bearings, outer tie rod ends, etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.