Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was an excellent game last night with all kinds of action but in the end the Patriots won. The Eagles played there best and were a really strong opponent but I just knew they didn't have quite enough to make up the points they were down. If you are from New England you love the Pats and Tom Brady but if your not,you probably hate them. And I can understand that cause I felt the same way about the the Steelers, Packers, Cowboys and Bears when they all were winning championships. T.O. played great and I was really impressed with how much desire he showed, coming back from injury and playing that well showed alot of people how good he is. All in all it was a Great game.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Reno'sGoat said:
The Eagles played there best...
That was far from the Eagles' best. New England didn't win the game, Philly lost it.

McNabb looked like **** for much of the game, even though he threw for so many yards. That was due to the fact that they had no running game. The Eagles D was OK, but they let too many passes into the secondary and didn't get to Brady enough. And there clock management was horrendous. Oh well, maybe next year (the mantra of the Philly fan). :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
From an Eagles fan . . .

The Eagles did not play their best, and that is pretty much irrefutable. On the other hand, New England did what New England does best, and that's make less mistakes than its opponent. New England is the model of consistency, a testament to Bilichick and his players. To say that New England won the game or the Eagles lost the game is to do a disservice to both teams. I think the game boiled down to one play, but I can't decide which one.

·
Registered
156 Posts
The Eagles were lucky to even be there. NE played like crap and still won. You can't throw that many interceptions and expect to win the big one....no way.

·
Registered
25 Posts
II-Savy said:
The Eagles were lucky to even be there. NE played like crap and still won. You can't throw that many interceptions and expect to win the big one....no way.
How can you say that the Eagles were lucky to be there? They were by far the best team in the NFC and by definition deserved to be in the Superbowl. There is, however, an argument to be made that the Steelers, and not the Patriots were the best team in the AFC and the Patriots were lucky to be there. Not much of an argument, but an argument nonetheless.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'll hand it to the Iggles...they played much better than I expected. But the Patriots are dynasty and like the Packers, Steelers, 49er's, and Cowboys of old, they are nearly impossible to beat in big games.

·
Registered
77 Posts
WJentsch said:
How can you say that the Eagles were lucky to be there? They were by far the best team in the NFC and by definition deserved to be in the Superbowl. There is, however, an argument to be made that the Steelers, and not the Patriots were the best team in the AFC and the Patriots were lucky to be there. Not much of an argument, but an argument nonetheless.
How can you say the Steelers were a better team???? The first time they played the Pats were missing 4 of thier best players and lost, in the playoffs
they were missing only 2 of them and won imagine having had all 4 for both games!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Freddie Mitchell = 1 McNabb reception
Rodney Harrison = 2 McNabb "receptions"
Enjoy that big, steamin' cup o' STFU, Freddie! Don't burn your lips! :rofl:
Does McNabb own a watch? :confused

·
Registered
77 Posts
WJentsch said:
Steelers 15-1
Patriots 14-2

I didn't say it was much of an argument.

Don't forget the pats did that with a lot of rookies and replacements
and when they lost to the steelers after the game was over Brady didn't blame it on a broken toe :cheers

R

·
0 Posts
cup o STFU?

Banana Goat said:
Freddie Mitchell = 1 McNabb reception
Rodney Harrison = 2 McNabb "receptions"
Enjoy that big, steamin' cup o' STFU, Freddie! Don't burn your lips! :rofl:
Does McNabb own a watch? :confused

WHAT IS CUP O STFU?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts