Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So day one of car back power master starter fails from heat soak. Few electical issues still stemming from who ever rewired the car before I got it. Got the fuel gage and temp gage to work, still can't get oil pressure to work. Giving up and installing an after market cluster for oil fuel pressure and volts under dash. Got permission from a developer who is tearing down old military housing to tear up the roads a bit so mechanic met me went to test out trans break upon launch fuel pump fails. Needless to say car is back in shop. Holly customer support great new fuel pump will be here monday. Power master not so much have my old starter in there for now. Might bite the bullet and rental wire the whole car.:nopity:

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Well that sucks. I went with the RobbMc mini starter that Bear recommended and uses. I did not get the extra priced nose support plate, so I may be playing with fire because if it backfires while engaged, it can break the starter. I can have it added at any time, and it really isn't much, but I figured I payed enough for it already and shouldn't have any reason for "kick back." RobbMc Performance Products - Pontiac Starter

It's always something, eventually you'll get all the bugs worked out.........and by that time your engine will be due another rebuild because if your luck is like mine, you never get all the bugs worked out. LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts