Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 gto 6spd standard. I cannot go into first gear at all if im rolling. i have to be completely stopped and it still grinds putting it into first. Also i can be downshifting and sometimes it will do it with second gear aswell. my first thought was synchonizer, then my shifter cuz its the factory ****ty gto shifter and it pulls outta socket if i shift too hard, and ive been told its cheaper to just replace the tranny with a used one rather than deal with this at all. help me out someone. thanks

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
When was the last time you changed your trans fluid?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the car w'out engine. just built the car up and changed it then. The car only had 47k miles on it but its a possibility its not even tha stock one. it was twin turbo'd on a 408 stroker when he blew it...

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Got the car w'out engine. just built the car up and changed it then. The car only had 47k miles on it but its a possibility its not even tha stock one. it was twin turbo'd on a 408 stroker when he blew it...
47k behind a TT 408 Stroker would be about the same
abuse as a million miles behind a stock GTO.

Larry

·
Registered
115 Posts
2004 gto 6spd standard. I cannot go into first gear at all if im rolling. i have to be completely stopped and it still grinds putting it into first. Also i can be downshifting and sometimes it will do it with second gear aswell. my first thought was synchonizer, then my shifter cuz its the factory ****ty gto shifter and it pulls outta socket if i shift too hard, and ive been told its cheaper to just replace the tranny with a used one rather than deal with this at all. help me out someone. thanks
Mine is doing the samething. I replaced the fluid in the trans and flushed the clutch fluid and replaced with fresh fluid and still the samething. Right now, Im looking at a $1400 rebuild.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts