Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...because I'm so damned proud right now.

I worked on this project from when it was Burt just talking crazy all the way through winning the $10 million X-Prize. If you look anywhere at or in that ship, I was responsible for getting it.

Winning the X-Prize was the impetus I needed to buy my GTO.

And now she hangs there, twixt the X-1A and Lindbergh's Ryan...w00t.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/space/10/06/spaceship.one.ap/index.html

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
All kidding aside, I have a large amount of respect for you. I can't imagine the hard work and, above all, knowledge it took to help create that kind of thing. Hell, just to be thought of for a project like that is an honor in itself, and from the sound of it you are a very proud person. I'm a very curious person when it comes to space, although I don't have the education or training to do something like that I would love to observe! Congrats Groucho, I'll be going to that museum next year on vacation and when I see it I'm gonna laugh my ass off thinking of you! BTW, do you have any other cool pics? :cheers

·
Registered
156 Posts
ftlfirefighter said:
Congrats Groucho!! Here's your next project: Design a shuttle that impervious to Styrofoam!
That is AWESOME!! I wish I had been on here back when all that was still going on. I LOVE stuff like that and followed it in the news and online. I was wondering how you got those sweet pictures in your sig.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Congratulations Groucho, very cool! It's really cool to know someone so close to that project. :cheers

·
Registered
565 Posts
Wow! Very nice man. Major congratulations.

That's not my area of expertise, but from what I can see you deserve a lot of respect for your hard work. :cheers

·
Registered
84 Posts
Congrats!!! I'm sure that required alot of research and overtime! Hopefully your not salary! :cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts