Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,

This is ian from ReDsh!ft in Fairfax, VA. We are currently opening an account with the famous Formula D's Champion Rhys Millen for sale. RMR carrys some of the most cutting edge performance parts for the new GTO and other cars in the drifting scene. We are definatly going to start a group buy for the GTO. we just need to know one thing.

WHAT DO YOU WANT?!?!?!

Just throw down your ideas on things you would be interested. any where from the RMR GTO Body kit

superchargers, twin turbo kits?
Air Intakes, Electronic/ Fuel Management?
suspension?
Brakes?
LSD/ Drivetrain?

throw out your suggestions and any other helpful info

(moderators- if i do start selling products i will run it by you and do it in the sale section)

check out our site. we dont have anything from the RMR shop yet because we still havent officially opened our account.
www.redshiftdc.com

thanks for all the help. hopefully we will all be a great help to each other.

-ian anderson

·
Registered
40 Posts
Maybe a CAI that goes out of the engine compartment, the way the one does in the write up on the supercharged 04 at the gtoforum homepage. (Taken from pontiac magazine.)

Puts the intake THRU to the compartment just in front of the driver side front tire. Pulls in pure, outside air.

Seems the best way to deal w/ heat soak, even better than the sectioned off ones in the engine compartment.

Maybe intercooler?

The tinted tail lights should be avail from any dealer parts dept, so that shouldnt be a tough one.

How bout a nice fitting bracket to mount a double din head unit. Something that looks good and stock, so you can put like a Pioneer AVIC-D1 or something in there. http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_3151_218219118,00.html

What would really be good is a quality functional ram-air CAI that uses the hood scoops. I've seen a few things out there, but they dont look quite up to par.

That would be a good start. I'm sure I'll come up with more, but it's real late right now and before you know it I'll be sitting at work again.

ShadesOfGrey

·
Registered
168 Posts
How about some drilled or cast rotors,I have looked every where and cant find any for my 05 goat. :willy:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RevnR6 said:
Personally I was wondering if there are steel braided brake lines, better pads, maybe the '06 tailights for the 04-05 owners, HID kits. I'll let you know as I think of more stuff.
Brakes wise, RMR offers willwood brake kit upgrades and also sells BrakePros Cross Drilled & Slotted Rotors

seen here -

and metal matrix brake pads

Suspension wise, i can offer lowering kits and sway bar sets

As for the intake questions.. at the moment a K & N intake system is the best we can do, which im sure no one here would be unsatisfied with.

RMR also offers Sparco equipment :)

all i know is if i had a GTO i would want that bad ass wing and body kit! that kit makes a GTO look like it will eat any thing in it's path.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
b_a_betterperson said:
I want tires that produce colored smoke. One in red. One in yellow. Or maybe blue. I'm so confused.
kumho makes tires that produce red smoke. but Formula D guidelines states that all cars that compete must use be attainable to the average person. the tires that you see here were made just for the kumho drift car and are $2,000 a set, so you will only see them used during a practice event where the kumho cars are participating.

seen here.

but yea, any more ideas?

the drilled and slotted rotors with pads, seems like a good idea to us.

-ian

·
Registered
163 Posts
ReDc0aT said:
Brakes wise, RMR offers willwood brake kit upgrades and also sells BrakePros Cross Drilled & Slotted Rotors

seen here -
I'd hit it.. although those are some pretty weak drills and slots.

·
Registered
937 Posts
ReDc0aT said:
kumho makes tires that produce red smoke. but Formula D guidelines states that all cars that compete must use be attainable to the average person. the tires that you see here were made just for the kumho drift car and are $2,000 a set, so you will only see them used during a practice event where the kumho cars are participating.

seen here.

but yea, any more ideas?

the drilled and slotted rotors with pads, seems like a good idea to us.

-ian
And that is why I said I will never own a set.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
JTYLER1604 said:
Havn't been around for awhile and maybe this already is out there but if not, I WANT A RAM AIR CONVERSION KIT FOR THE 2005 GTO, that utilizes the stock hood and increases performance as much as any other intake that is on the market like the Lingenfelter.

i would like to offer something like that, because i used to own a firebird and a ford lightning and i also understand the need for good clean air power...but RMR doesnt offer anything like that.

basically go to www.GTOdrift.com and check out the shop and that is the selection. i would recommend a brake group buy or some kind of Body kit part like the RMR bumper or wing ( both have been windtunnel tested )

-ian

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.