Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got into a little race today. It was a 3 lane road near where I work. I ended up taking the pole position versus a white with blue strips GT500 vert and a C6 vert.

I launched full tilt, not sure if they were going to go at it or not. They both did. I was able to come out of the hole better than both and held the lead till about 60 where the C6 slowly started pulling on me. My guess was it was a LS2 and not an LS3. By a 120 where we let off he had opened about 3 cars on me. I think it was an auto.

The GT500 launched a bit too hard and he also hit the rev limiter in 1st and 2nd. He kept trying and at 120 where we let off he was starting to come up on me, but he was 3-4 cars back when we let off. At one point he was 6 cars behind me.

I think if there was a decent driver in the GT500 it would have been a bit different. I'm not sure if he would have beat me, at least to 100, but there should have never been 6 cars between us.

Neither guy acknowledge me, but they each waved to the other. Oh well.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Sounds like fun. Those LS3 are nasty. Getting very impressive numbers from them. Hard to tell what your going toget with the GT500. Seams like every one of those I see at the track is running a mid 13 with big smoky burnouts off the line. Must be the poster car for older guys that cant drive.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts