Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
501 RWHP & 469 RWTQ
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went over with them what I wanted today. They said it would be no problem. I showed them the Pontiac symbol in the wheel emblem that needed to be as though it wasn't there. They said they could add another 3mil to it so it is a little thicker if need be.

Also you will like this. They will be precut so you will just peel and carefully stick over the existing emblem.

I am having mine made first to show you what they will look like in 2 different ways and will post the pics when I get them back for those choosing colors. I will also show a picture of the Black and Silver.
1. Emblem with black backround and yellow letters.
2. Yellow backround and black letters.

I do not know yet how fast they will be made but I don't think it will take long to create them once mine is complete.

Last but not least. I am going to have them match as closely as possible the gauge cluster colors. (Red, Blue and Yellow) It would be to hard to try and match car colrs TRed, Spice Red etc. to many variations. Besides you will be looking at the steering wheel and gauge clusters together I would think it's better to match those than the color of the car.

Payment will be by PayPal only.

$10.00 Black and Silver
$12.00 Colors

Current list:

1. Pbmaniac2000 (Black and Silver)
2. Raven1124 (Black and Silver)
3. NT91 (Black and Silver)
4. Robertr2000 (Black and Silver)
5. Purplehaze (Black and Silver)
6. RedrocketGTO (Red Background)
7. Marathonman (Blue backround)
8. Starrbuck (Black and Silver)
9. Cadsbury (Black and Silver)
10. oldgoat (Black and Silver)
11. Maxamoose (Black and Silver)
12. PK6906GOAT (Red)
13. jason (CMEXLR8) (Red)
14. Russ2005 (Black and Silver)

·
440 RWHP/400 RWTQ
202 Posts
Cool! Paypal works for me!

·
Registered
456 Posts
:cheers

I'm still in :D

·
Registered
154 Posts
Please change mine to the red background as well, to match the instrumentation panels.

·
501 RWHP & 469 RWTQ
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Updated List:

10. oldgoat (Red)
12. PK6906GOAT (Red)
15. UdnUdnGTO (Yellow)
16. I Stall Automatics (Red)

I should be able to post some pics of emblem not installed yet. Just proofs.

·
501 RWHP & 469 RWTQ
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I Stall Automatics said:
Any luck? :seeya:
HERE'S THE UPDATE.

I got mine late yesterday and put it on. The Pontiac arrowhead still shows through just as some people had told me it would but I had to try. They said this was the thickest vinyl they had. You can make out the arrowhead from certain angles. I tried to get some pic's that show you what it really looks like from the various angles. It still looks better than the Arrowhead to me.

Ryan at Grafxwerks has offered to put a dome on the decal but I'm not to sure if that would make a difference or not but I think anything domed there in the center of the steering wheel might look out of place. Also Zim_GTO is going to see if he can find a thicker vinyl to work with since he works with vinyl for a living. I will keep you updated on any new developments in these 2 areas.

I am going to leave mine on because the more I looked at it the more it looked like the emblem was made with the Arrowhead embossed in it kind of 2 effects for the price of 1. Here are the pics you decide.

If you still want one let me know and I will have them made. If you don't want one I will keep you informed of any progress towards a different one.

Sorry for getting your hopes up if you decide it's not for you. I tried.:eek:

Current List:

10. oldgoat (Black and Silver)
12. PK6906GOAT (Red)
15. UdnUdnGTO (Yellow)
16. I Stall Automatics (Red)
17. Malum IN SE (blue)
18. Loubo (Red)
19. Ripthesix (Black and Silver)

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.