Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Autosport Development www.goautosport.com will have two 2005 GTO's racing in the World Challenge GT series April 15-17. AMLS cars also racing that weekend. Always nice to have GTO enthusiast trackside...come tour our GTO paddock....the cars are pretty wild! Any interest?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
May have a spare ticket or two to the races......throughout the season. Maybe even a pre-start parade lap ride around one of the tracks in the GTO.. Let me know closer to the race if you are coming.

Know we have quite a few tickets available for Mid-Ohio and would be a nice place/time of the year for a GTO Forum GTO FEST! Will be visiting the Columbus Childrens Hospital prior to the race and working on hosting some of their chronically ill children trackside for the weeknd festivities. Would like to get the GTO community involved in some of our charitable efforts....check out
http://www.rfmsports.com/SWC/Specials/SWCSpecials.html

Jim Osborn
[email protected]
www.chilipepperracing.org

R

·
0 Posts
schedule

racing st pete fla in 2005? ill take you up on a ride,ill buy tickets to help
the sponsors! let me know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We are definitely planning on being at St Pete. infact we have a visit at the St Pete's Childrens hospital on the Tuesday before race weekend with the GTO's. Unfortunately, from prior World Challenge Grand Prix experiences...they have not allowed the ride-along parade laps on the temporary street courses they nomally have with permanent road courses. E-mail me ([email protected])regarding tickets...we do generally have a couple of extras...free......if you feel compelled to donate to one of our charities we are always happy to take a check made out to the charity...We really are interested in the support of the GTO community and of supporting the GTO community....SO definitely come out. The availablity of a ride at St. Pete is more of an SCCA issue at this point. Several of the other tracks have been spoken for by our charities such as Road Atlanta/Mid-Ohio/Road America where the charities are auctioning off a race weekend package on e-bay with the proceeds going directly to the charities...parade lap/tickets/hospitality/team shirts included.

e-mail me for more info....

R

·
0 Posts
sure will

i will contact you soon,i will have to bless the gto,chief pontiac ritual,it will
insure victory,it will take only a few seconds,definatly will take you up on tickets for charity donation, i guess you notice the differance of gto power
-vs- bmw,may our blessed lady of acceleration ride with you always "amen" :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OH MY GOD is the difference in acceleration!!!!
Tough GT field with the new 7ltr corvette, Cadillacs assalt vehicle , Viper V10....but should be a great year for the GTO ....you will definitely be supprised to see this beast! :party:

Would like to get GTO forun involve in a big GTO meet for the mid-oh event???? :party:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We 50-60 tickets to Mid-oh race avail for may. Want to get the GTO forum members to come out for the weekend to support the effort.......may have a gto only carral next to the GTO paddock....need some help from the members here to organize with us the party....Will have some of the children from the Columbus Children's Hospital with us too...would be a good opportunity for the forum to promote itself and their love..THE GTO.

R

·
0 Posts
goats

caddzilla,vipers,and vettes oh my! remember a goat will eat anything!
imagine what a herd of goats could do? dominate any "field" check out
the 427 monaro at holden,racing ferraris, lambos, out classed no way!
your on a mission from "GOD" :eek:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Are you going to be running at Sebring?

I just moved to FL, im hitting the all the big events in the coming months, Dayton 24 hours, Sebring, and St. Pete for sure, and maybe a couple of the others (miami?)

Anyway, ill keep my eye out for your cars, It will be cool to see "my car" on the race track!!

Matt

·
Registered
47 Posts
I will be in Bowling Green, KY on the Road Atlanta date with the Chevy Avalanche Club GTG, but Mid Ohio might be doable.

Would love to see you race and win!. I will watch for any up dates.

Mike

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Goats do eat everything in site.....and we are counting on it!!!!
Look forward to having everyone close to our race venues coming by. The more goats the more that gets consumed.

check out the schedule at www.goautosport.com. The chili Pepper Racing web site is going through a metamophisis from BMW to all GOAT so it is not unto date yet for this year.

Really hope we can make Mid-Ohio race the big event for the GTO...Road Atlanta is also a big event for us/GTO...close to home and we have a annual post Petit lemans charity motorcycle ride in October ...guys like randy pobst, terry borscheller, stu hayner....ride the twisties of north georgia raising monies for www.thelighthousefamilyretreat.org . Check out last years info on http://www.rfmsports.com/CharityNews/CharityNews.html

·
Registered
60 Posts
:cool

Please give me more information regarding the tickets and the paddock. I would gladly help depending on the dates, etc. Pittsburgh is only about 30 minutes away (in the Goat and a REALLY good radar detector of course) :rofl:

Let me know what I can do for you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
info on tickets e-mail me at [email protected]
If there is interest from GTOforum or it's members in setting up a GTO only chorral at any of the races...ie, Mid-oh, contact me and we can work on getting it arranged. There are no "catches" with this offer.

The race schedule can be found at www.goautosport.com

"come on down" :cheers

·
Registered
212 Posts
Chillipepper-

I'm curious, how did you get into racing? I've always wondered what it takes to get into the professional racing scene. I'm young, dumb, but have been competing for 5 years now, in everything from Hondas to Corvettes. What does it take to get into the "upper ranks" of GT racing?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Unfortunitely I have no great secret. There are a ton of great drivers that never get a "break" in racing. There is so much involved....you have to have great driving, financial backing, good PR skills and marketability..bla, bla, bla,

All true but not what you want to hear.

Race what ever you can get a seat in. Have fun and enjoy.

Bridgestone has a mechanic/racer school in canada and Panoz has a similar program in atlanta and sebring. I know a lot of guys that used these to make race contact and learn in a short time what i took me a lot of years and money to learn.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts