·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
144 Posts
Good video!
Is your exhaust stock? It doesn't sound like it.
What about you suspension, any mods?

·
Registered
144 Posts
sboylan said:
Does this require Apple?
Its Quicktime, you can download it from Apple.com for free.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm having trouble seeing any video...I can hear it just fine, but no video. QT is telling me it's missing some compression software or soemthing. THe exhuast sounds nice at least, lol.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
diverdan said:
Good video!
Is your exhaust stock? It doesn't sound like it.
What about you suspension, any mods?
The exhaust is the Corsa setup. Everything else is stock.

Hell, its even an automatic.

I have a Z06 and an Elise that I autocross. The GTO is my driver, I took it because I hosted a golf outing at the cruise in and had to haul a bunch of crap up there. My three timed runs were clean, this one was with four guys in the car and was just for fun. I wanted to bring my Lotus, but there wasn't any room for anything.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
b_a_betterperson said:
It's always fun watching people horse around like that! Geez, how much ballast were you carrying around in the passenger seat!?!?
About 800 lbs. :lol:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Tiger said:
I'm having trouble seeing any video...I can hear it just fine, but no video. QT is telling me it's missing some compression software or soemthing. THe exhuast sounds nice at least, lol.
What version of Quicktime are you running? The latest PC version is 6.5 and OSX(Mac) is 7.0. If you are running an old version, that might account for your problem.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Joecooool said:
The exhaust is the Corsa setup. Everything else is stock.

Hell, its even an automatic.

I have a Z06 and an Elise that I autocross. The GTO is my driver, I took it because I hosted a golf outing at the cruise in and had to haul a bunch of crap up there. My three timed runs were clean, this one was with four guys in the car and was just for fun. I wanted to bring my Lotus, but there wasn't any room for anything.
The exhaust sounds good. It might make me reconsider getting a Corsa system.
My GTO is also my driver. I keep trying to rein myself in with mods for it, but I can't seem to help myself. :willy:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Funny, I actually did the same thing this weekend. Was at a NCCC event here in Iowa, and took the GTO up there to do a couple fun runs after racing our Corvette.

Had a ton of fun, I was FTD overall in our stock '99 FRC with Kumho race tires, but I couldn't have been more than ten seconds behind in the GTO on stock tires.

In the GTO I was seeing speeds in excess of 80mph, the 'Vette would've seen more with those tires!

·
Registered
212 Posts
diverdan said:
The exhaust sounds good. It might make me reconsider getting a Corsa system.
My GTO is also my driver. I keep trying to rein myself in with mods for it, but I can't seem to help myself. :willy:

BTW-

The Corsa system is the PERFECT exhaust for a daily driver setup. It's really mellow cruising, and sounds great when you open it up. No droning, no overpowering loudness at WOT, it's absolutely PERFECT. My only gripe with my Corsa, is the fact that it isn't the factory exhaust look. I actually liked the two tips instead of having this big 4" tip. Oh well, I'm happy.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Whiteshadow said:
BTW-

The Corsa system is the PERFECT exhaust for a daily driver setup. It's really mellow cruising, and sounds great when you open it up. No droning, no overpowering loudness at WOT, it's absolutely PERFECT. My only gripe with my Corsa, is the fact that it isn't the factory exhaust look. I actually liked the two tips instead of having this big 4" tip. Oh well, I'm happy.
I'm really Jonesing for a split exhaust. It will not represent one iota of additional horsepower, but I want that look. I looked at Corsa's web site and a single side exhaust was all I could find :confused
I am not sure how I will satisfy this craving.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts