Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,741 Posts
Knowledge about these cars is fading faster than a politicians morals.

On those occasions where I go to a big box parts store and buy something by "make-model-year" instead of going in there already knowing exactly what I want, I very often get asked if my 69 GTO has a 350 or a 400. A few times I've tried to correct them and said there was no such thing as a 350 in a 69 GTO - "that's not what the book says" being the usual response. ::sigh::

Bear

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Slow night at work last night spent it on the web looking for an answer. Couldnt find anything. Called my grandfather who worked for pontiac he said never heard of it. But said doesnt mean it wasn't there. Ill keep looking because this interests me a ton. If I find anything ill let you know

·
Registered
727 Posts
Don't waste your time, maktope.
There is no such thing.
There WERE Bonneville Brougham models, but they were full-size cars, not GTOs.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
jmt455
On a 12 nightshift there is nothing to do but waste your time. I looked at the page Rukee saw and peaked my interest. And i try to grab as much knowledge as possible, so figured i give it the old college try. Bear and Icefan71 opened my eyes on a compression question, which i still havent answered because i havent been able to get over to the car for a few days. The amount of knowledge on this site is incredible, and if some wild goose chase will help me build some i am all for it. I thought buying the car was a bad idea, and ive fallen in love with it, even though it gives me fits. It sees the road less because i try to do all the work on it i can, and since i never worked on cars before everything seems to take a lil longer then it should but its great. But in this hunt for the GTO bonneville, it linked me to many sites to give me an empty bank account but months of reading. Love it, and thanks to all of you, for patience and understanding, and being welcoming.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts