Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if there is anyone in here that lives in Indiana, but supposedly there is a dealership in Indianapolis, that if you walk in with cash to buy a 04 GTO, you can get the next one pretty much free. I think all you have to do is pay sales taxes.

I have heard this from atleast 5 diff people at 5 different times, so im woundering if its true.

I test drove a GTO yesterday and loved them, I was preapproved but just need to sell the car I have now before I can get one. If what people say is true about this, my dad was going to go buy one with cash so I could get a free one.

I know it sounds to good to be true but like I said I heard this from 5 diff people, 5 diff times, and none of them even know each other.

Anyone heard anything about this or know what dealer has this offer?\

Thanks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I talked to just about every Pontiac dealership in the city and never heard of this one. And, they make alot of money off dealer financing, so I see no benefit for a cash transaction anyway.

Never been a fan of car bargaining. But, I approached this one differently. I wanted a good price but also excellent service. Each dealership had their dirty laundry. The worse was a dealership on the eastside of the city that quoted me lease terms with the GM Supplier Discount. This was even after I told him I wasn't qualified for this. Talk about the ole' bait and switch routine.

Bottom line for me was customer service. I wanted and got a fair price. I want a dealership where under warranty they offer me a car for my inconvenience. Drove a nice GMC Envoy last week for a leak in my trunk. This was especially important being single. If not, I have to take off work. Or, wash my GTO for no reason.

If they keep it up, they just might have a return customer in 2007.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found out what it was all about. "HARE GMC, etc" had a deal where if you buy a Yukon XLT, you could pick from a few diff cars they had in there showroom, which were like luminas, malibu's, etc.

The lowest I have been qouted was by STOOPS in Muncie, that was with the GMC driveaway discount, $3500 rebate, and a $1000 retiree cert. The quote was $26,600.

Anyone in the Indy area found a better deal? I also have the Class A buyer **** to but I can't get anyone to allow me to use that on a lease with their $3500 rebate, because they wouldn't be making a damn penny.

I was allready preapproved for the car, just gotta get rid of my slow ass honda.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts