Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would mention it real quick.

The GTO is one of the cars you can choose in the video game Need for Speed Underground 2.

If you progress far enough in the game there are tons of wheels, spoilers, stripes, graphics, paint choices, body kits, hoods, etc. that you can play with.

Makes for a nice cheap way to try out different designs before bringing it to life...

·
Registered
71 Posts
i just got my GTO on the game... it's fun to play with but they want you to make it ricey :cool

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes they do, but you can do that with other cars and leave the GTO clean. *grins*

The only thing I have done so far is put wheels on my GTO in the game to see how they would look before buying them in real life. I bought with confidence knowing I liked the look.

I have played around with a few stripe patterns too. I think I have settled on one and will probably have it done in real life too. I love this stuff.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well, considering I can't afford a real one, I have one in the game, Silver, rims, and a cowl induction hood=badass

·
Registered
185 Posts
yeah but has anyone noticed that the 05 mustang on the game is faster when all performance mods have been done. With all shifts being perfect i can pull off an 8.8 with the mustang but only 9.4 with the goat in the quarter test run? Fubbed up if you ask me.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
interesting, I will have to check that out. When you Dyno both in the game what are the HP ratings? The mustang is a lighter car to start, so if they mod out to the same power levels I guess it would be faster. On the other hand, it is just a game. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
yeah my joints black(like mine) dark black tint, got the yokohamas and some rims on it and the scoop hood(yes...very bad ass) only thing i don't like is how they make the car so hard to handle, in real life that thing handles like a snake around curves(yes...i've done this regularly :eek: ). I had to dyno my suspension so I could get some decent hadnling. A friend of mine hadn't ridden in my car before he played nfsu2 and was like "the handling on gto's sucks" took him around the S curves nearby, changed his mind for the better.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree. It is harder to handle than normal.

You ahve to tweak the suspension like had to to be able to punch it thew the turns.

·
Registered
25 Posts
lambertgoat said:
i can pull off an 8.8 with the mustang but only 9.4 with the goat in the quarter test run? Fubbed up if you ask me.
Keep practicing... I have on many occassions pulled high 6's with the GTO and can pull low 7's all day. Keep in mind that there are special upgrades that can only be had by doing chase races with the ricers on the street. Have fun!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
heh. I bought the game a few weeks ago. It's Very 'ricerish'. The 240 ended up being the quickest car with a 6.40 (no unique parts).. meh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts