Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know you're gonna slam the n00b for asking this, but I did a search and came up without the answer. How much do the GTOs weigh? They look like they should be light (like my j-body -- HA! I wish), but I've heard as much as 3800 pounds. Can anyone please settle this for me? Thanks!

By the way, I've lurked for a while, but sadly I'm just a dreamer. I don't think I'll be able to get a GTO unless we magically come into some money. And that really sucks, too, because the local Stealership has them marked down to below $28K.

EDIT: OK, a buddy of mine just told me he looked it up and it's quoted as "500 lbs more than the Corvette." Can anyone confirm that, please?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
SDMF Jon said:
That would make sense. Is the '05 hood carbon fiber?
Not stock. No way. Especially now--there is a worldwide supply crunch on carbon fiber.

I would guess that several of the porkier components are swapped out. An example-- you can cut an easy (and cheap) 12 lbs out of an '04 by replacing that massive oilpan skidplate with a welded aluminum unit.

http://www.pfyc.com/store/merchant....e=GT4005&Product_Count=2&Category_Code=GTSUSP

I would suspect that careful replacement of some of the heavier (Aussie-road-specific) suspension components would yield fairly significant weight savings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.