Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
A Red SRT-4 with a spoiler delete pulled up to me on Wednesday on the way home from skool tried to run me but I kept my cool, little did he know there was a California Highway Patrol edition Camaro three cars in front of me
so I say he pulled up to about 90 and passed me then when he passed the Camaro the CHP Officer was all over him like white on rice!!!

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
I've seen the guy from Dyno Works here in California run 11.1 in his SRT-4 a little over a year ago at California Dragway. GTODEALER said that he saw a video of one of their SRT-4's running in the 10s. Not sure if that was one of theirs in the video but they do have a silver one. At the time he ran 11.1 his mods were a larger turbo, upgraded fuel injectors, complete exhaust and a serious tune. Internals of the engine were never touched from what I was told.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Since i use to own a 1G Talon TSI I know first hand that FI 4cyls can be beasts. I used to surprise a lot of Z28's, Cobras when racing. I was running 17lbs of boost 3" exhaust from the turbo back,larger injectors, no cat, big 16G turbo, apexi s-afc,and fmic.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Okay I'm here! We (SRT4 owners) are very excited for these guys, he is the first "legit" 10 second pass (back to back on film). His mods are as follows...
-Mopar Stage 3R
-3" catback
-forged rods and pistons (balanced and blueprinted)
-fully built head (extrude honed intake and head)
-26x8.5 slicks (w/ 15x8 Bogarts front and 15x3 rear)
-roll cage
-NO NITROUS!!
... this is what I've heard and read, these guys are only making around 415fwhp in this car. If my wheels will ever get here I'm going to the local 1/8th mile track and try to get a 7.9-8.1.... I still don't have all the other parts I've ordered, taking forever!
BTW, thanks for finding this for me DallasSleeper, your prices just went down a little!:cheers

1 - 20 of 20 Posts