Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 GTO and it has a GTO decal kit on it. I have not seen this or another GTO and cannot find it on the vedor sites. Anyone know where this kit may have come from?

Not the best picture of my car, but the only one I have uploaded.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
silvergoat2k6 said:
The GTO is on the left.

I love the yellow, but I'm just not feeling that decal kit...sorry. To me, it makes the car look like a ricer.

I was unsure about the decals when I got the car too. I have got so many positive comments, at least 30 in the 3 weeks that I have had the car!. I think the decals let everyone know it's a GTO.

·
Registered
210 Posts
maybe for a show car only, but not for a daily driver. it's very ricer and it's very boy racer. if you are anything over 21, it's kinda silly. no offense. what kind of people told you they liked it? i think that any chick who saw it would kinda bag on it. chicks matter, ya know? lol. just my honest opinion. sorry.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
enjracing said:
maybe for a show car only, but not for a daily driver. it's very ricer and it's very boy racer. if you are anything over 21, it's kinda silly. no offense. what kind of people told you they liked it? i think that any chick who saw it would kinda bag on it. chicks matter, ya know? lol. just my honest opinion. sorry.

This is my 73rd car and the only one that has drawn more comments was my wife's old PT Cruiser; (she was one of the first people in the southeast to get one and we got stopped all the time :D ). My Daytona has gotten a bit of attention, but nothing like the GTO; (hard to believe it's been out for 3 years! Very poor marketing on GM's part).

·
Registered
137 Posts
anyone who has a yellow jacket GTO will get mad at me for saying this...but a yellow car in general is downright obnoxious IMO, that being said since the color is already over the top I think IF any color were to get away with that decal treatment it WOULD BE the yellow jacket. To me the following cars/brands can get away w/ yellow: vette (obvi), lambo, viper, ferrari, hmmm not much else coming to mind. I guess it depends on your taste,...looks ok on a porsche too i guess, but not the boxster...not ballsy enough a car to sport such an attention grabbing shade: "hey LooK I'm FAST" (read..pull me over!!!)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I don't think it looks bad- I do seem to remember that being the scheme of one of the drifting GTO's. At least its not lightning bolts going down the side of your car that you bought from the "performance" section of Advanced auto. Or a huge pony....those decals they were sticking on the last year mustangs before they switched to the retro look were FUGLY.
I think the checkered look up the rear looks really good in the yellow.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I had rather remove Pontiac from mine, no offense but to many haters out there.:cool

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
BostonF4$ said:
anyone who has a yellow jacket GTO will get mad at me for saying this...but a yellow car in general is downright obnoxious IMO, that being said since the color is already over the top I think IF any color were to get away with that decal treatment it WOULD BE the yellow jacket. To me the following cars/brands can get away w/ yellow: vette (obvi), lambo, viper, ferrari, hmmm not much else coming to mind. I guess it depends on your taste,...looks ok on a porsche too i guess, but not the boxster...not ballsy enough a car to sport such an attention grabbing shade: "hey LooK I'm FAST" (read..pull me over!!!)
I never much cared for yellow cars. When I seen the yellow jacket on the website I first said WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

Last summer while on vacation I stopped in to a Pontiac dealer in a different state when I noticed multiple GTO's in their lot.... One was a yellow one... I walked around it studied it and said DAMNNNNN I'd think about this color if I were looking. I loved it. It was just gorgeous. I had the same thought when I seen the orange one in person too. I like that color too only after I seen it in person. Pictures and links on websites give the color no justice.

The only drawback about yellow that I have read are the guys on here complaining about insects being drawn to it. I suppose the insects being drawn to it is better than thieves.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
As far as other decals..... I picked up 3 genuine GM GTO decals from the Late 60's-early70's on ebay. Placed 2 of them on the rear of the rocker panels, and one under the right front head light. I think they look nice there. Lots of guys don't want any GTO markings on their cars but I think if done right they look ok.

·
Registered
304 Posts
While not my cup of tea, it's your car.......enjoy it.

JET

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.