Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've Had My 05 Goat For About 3 Months Now. One Thing I,ve Noticed Is That The Longer I Have My Car, The More People Seem To Know it's A Gto And What's Under The Hood. I've Even Started Getting Thumbs Up From Adults And Kids. I Believe The Gto Just Needed A Little Time To Be Exposed To The Public (since Pontiac Barely Publicized It.) With The Low Numbers Of These Goats, I Believe We Goat Owners Will Look Smarter as Time Goes By And Will Appreciate Even More That We Have A Unique, True Modern Musclecar.:)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Good point. Even the largest pontiac dealer in Texas put on my paper tags
"G-6" for the model. Too funny.

But on a personal note, that's what I like about the GTO--blends in rather well. I've already seen about four Chargers on the road side getting tickets. That's why I decided to put a supercharger in the ''96 Tbird, left it 99% stock on the outside, and put a small "supercharged" emblem on the rear spoiler just as a warning. Was able to drive like I wanted with out ever getting pulled over. Every once in a while, I'd pull into a parking lot and someone would wander over and say, "I never heard a Tbird idle like that, what's under that hood?" The GTO seems to be a "cop magnet" every time I want to get on it a little, I look around and there they are looking at me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought my son a 2006 G-6 GTP Black M6 coupe, very nice. It and my quicksilver 2006 GTO M6 sit in the driveway next to my neighbors 745 BMW and 635 convertible series. My guess is around $ 160,000 for them and $ 55,000 for our two. Doesn't make sense to me. That leaves me more than enough to buy a ZO6 or a couple of new GTOs when they come out again. I don't get it. Maybe it's because me and my son are engineers and the neighbor is a Lawyer:D :D :D :D :D

:shutme

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I believe a lot has to do with the advertising GM has done recently as well, particularly during the NCAA's.

Bizarre how they did NO advertising in all of '05. Maybe that's why I got my '05 so cheap tho- - -so GM's ignorance is to my benefit in this case.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I am not sure how recognizable the GTO's are even today. Maybe it is lack of advertizing or whatever but this morning was a perfect example. I was on my way to work and I come to a stoplight. The guy next to me in a Civic coupe rolls down the window and motions fo me to do the same. I oblige and he says, "Is that a new model?" I told him it was an '04. He then said that it must me a limited edition because he nad never seen the new GTO before. I told him that it wasn't necessarily a limited edition, but I did agree with him that we don't see too many of them out there. Anyway, then the light turned green and it was time to demonstrate to him what was under the hood:lol:

·
Registered
364 Posts
See the search for spoiler delete. I used 4 3/8" and 1 3/4" plastic plugs. I got them in black from Lowes total cost under $4. I am going to use my touchup paint to paint them to match. Love the look, alot cleaner and shows off the sleek lines of the car.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
mumrah said:
See the search for spoiler delete. I used 4 3/8" and 1 3/4" plastic plugs. I got them in black from Lowes total cost under $4. I am going to use my touchup paint to paint them to match. Love the look, alot cleaner and shows off the sleek lines of the car.
What's that spoiler weight? My trunk lid with spoiler feels like it's about 100 lbs.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Only Time Will Tell

oldgoat said:
I've Had My 05 Goat For About 3 Months Now. One Thing I,ve Noticed Is That The Longer I Have My Car, The More People Seem To Know it's A Gto And What's Under The Hood. I've Even Started Getting Thumbs Up From Adults And Kids. I Believe The Gto Just Needed A Little Time To Be Exposed To The Public (since Pontiac Barely Publicized It.) With The Low Numbers Of These Goats, I Believe We Goat Owners Will Look Smarter as Time Goes By And Will Appreciate Even More That We Have A Unique, True Modern Musclecar.:)
I also have had more people lately comment on my Goat at traffic lights, convenience stores, and just walking through a parking lot.

Earlier this week a guy on a nice Harley asks at a traffic light, "that's the GTO, right?"
"Yeah."
"Is it fast?"
"Yeah. Fast enough."
"Six litre, right?"
"Yep."
"Wanna trade?"
"Nope."

I do love this car!:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.