Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Check this out. I believe this may be some consumer feedback from those JD Power surveys.

The 2004 GTO earned

4 of 5 stars for comfort
5 of 5 stars for features and instrument panel
5 of 5 stars for performance
3 of 5 stars for styling
5 of 5 stars for overall appeal

Glad to see GTO buyers are a happy bunch. Unfortunately, there's no data for you 2005 owners yet. What about the Mustang you say? Well, let's take a look:

2 of 5 stars for comfort
3 of 5 stars for features and instrument panel
3 of 5 stars for performance
4 of 5 stars for styling
3 of 5 stars for overall appeal

Please note how the Mustang scores an impressive 3 of 5 stars in mechanical quality. As I've been saying -- Ford cut major corners on the Mustang -- and people are finally going to wise up that stuff like the seats are complete garbage.

Bottom line? The GTO is a great, great car -- and kicks the Mustang square in the backside. Got the information via http://www.thecarconnection.com -- which is a very nice site -- and worthy of a bookmark.

·
Registered
136 Posts
II-Savy said:
I wonder if the numbers will be the same with the new cobra..... :seeya:

475hp n stuff...

I could write "COBRA" on paper and tape it to pile of SH!%, it will still be a pile of SH!%. Ya its gonna have good numbers, but it's based on a pile of SH!%. No offense to you at all, just my take on it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
ouijaguy said:
I could write "COBRA" on paper and tape it to pile of SH!%, it will still be a pile of SH!%. Ya its gonna have good numbers, but it's based on a pile of SH!%. No offense to you at all, just my take on it.
Well for one thing tape won't stick to sh|t. The interior is still gunna suck....
but A 32v V-8 with a supercharger will just rock.

·
Registered
565 Posts
My friend owns an (what was the last year they made the old Cobra?) I think 2002 Cobra. From what I've experienced with their driving at least on the previous model, they don't do too well with aerodynamics, and don't have the best low end torque either. I know cause everytime I drag him with my new goat I'm at least one and a half car lengths ahead if he's lucky by the time we go from 0 to 60. Now I don't know if he just takes bad care of his car, but for a car that's supposed to be about on par with the 2k5 goat it isn't.

Ford had better pull out some nice improvements on this new Shelby, otherwise I'm going to be laughing my pants off everytime I see someone who put down 40-45k for one of those money sinks. :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.