Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I am looking for advice. I had my heart set on a 2005 6M Blue on Blue, however I just found out I am going to be a daddy for the third time! This time for my first son. My dilemma is I do not believe you could put 3 car seats in a GTO, if this is wrong please let me know.

So I appreciate the fact that everyone on here has relatively good taste, so since I can't get the GTO, and teh CTS-V is out of the question what car would you suggest???

I have driven the WRX STI and quite honestly the power is incredible, but I am not a big import ricky racer kind of guy? Right now it is the only car I know of that can give me GTO type of performance, although the interior is really inferior, for around the same price!

I am looking to you for suggestions as I am pretty sure Santa doesn't have a GTO in his sleigh tonight for me!

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
Congratulations,
Put the family in a suburban or a tahoe, there will always be time for a sports car when the kids are older.
Just my 2 cents!

·
Registered
353 Posts
But he would have alot more fun in the Goat. We know the suv would be a better choice but please dont get a wagon in particular the Magnum! Those things are hideous! :shutme

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the congrats! I just picked up a new trailblazer with the 3rd row seat, that was the day I test drove the GOAT. That was all it took to join the I got to get one club. Starting reading up on the 2004 versus 2005 stuff and decided to wait until after winter.

My wife is the primary driver of the Trailblazer and it would be rare to have all 3 children and the wife in the GTO at the same time, but in case I better have a plan. As for having more fun that's the idea. I drive all over the northeast for my job and get awful bored in the grand prix.

I am trying to rationalize the goat anyhow, and perhaps pick up a new 3rd car, with less then the 160K the Grand Prix has on it!

Either way I would much rather have the baby then the GTO, but hey the little guy need to have a nice ride to look forward to when he grow up right! ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I traded in a 3300 mile 2003 Svt Cobra vert for a more family friendly car. I ended up with a 2004 Z71 Suburban. This was the best car move I have ever made. The family loves the burb.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just another idea here on cars, if you do look to used cars, im not selling mine but the 94/95/96 Impala SS are cool cars.

I have the 95 Impala SS and it also has the LT1 corvette engine in it, these cars are very very nice cars. I wanted one for along time and bought a low mileage one this year. I drive it daily and also i show it. I dont beat on it at all. Its a very nice car to drive.

Just giving you another idea on cars, if you look for used ones. You can find these from 10grand to 20 grand depending on mileage and which of the three years you buy. with this car you get a very nice large car and a sporty four door car, its my first four door. Not ashamed of it at all because its still very sporty and a very nice driver.

If you buy a new Goat you can put two kids in the back and one in the front, just tell the wife she has to follow behind..LOL.. Just kidding.

Ashame they didnt make the new Monte Carlo SS's any nicer on the inside and under the hood. I looked at one of those and i just hate front wheel drive plus the nice looking exterior of the car doesnt match the lower grade interior along with NO power under the hood. Just my opinion......

Look into the BMW's also. see ya.. T.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congrats on the new addition.

How about one of the Joe Gibbs Performance tahoe's? Not quiet as sporty as the GTO, but with a little added performance for the suv.

Now spoil yourself, and go get a GTO!!!!!!! :)

Merry Christmas

·
Registered
674 Posts
We had a similar situation three years ago when we decided to start a family.

I had a RX7 convert for a summer toy, a Porsche 944 as a daily, and she had the Acura Legend Coupe as the other daily.

We ended up with a new left over Aurora with the 4.0 northstar at 10k off sticker. The car doesnt have GTO pickup, but it is nice.

I would suggest you lease a GTO for three years. It is a compromise. You have six months till Jr comes into the picture, and another year with the bucket/baby seat that does not work with a 2 door.

that leaves you with 1.5 years of using one car when the kids are around.

We took the GTO last night. My baby is almost 2. It was a PITA getting her into her seat in the back. It is much easier in my 93 Z28 (which has 41k miles and is for sale BTW) because of the larger doors.

Oh, one more thing. Merry Xmas, and CONGRATS!! third time is a charm.

·
Registered
1 Posts
GTO vs Sti

:cheers Golfshaft
I’m in a similar situation, except my oldest is 14 so she can sit in the front. You might want to check out the Subaru Forester XT. It has a higher quality interior than the Sti and does 0-60 in 5.3 seconds. COBB tuning has a chip that will squeeze out some more power. The Legacy GT has potential also. These turbo cars can be zippy but the experience isn’t quite the same as a torquey V8. My biggest issue is traction. I live in the mountains and when we have snow and ice, 4 wheel drive would be good. My tentative plans are to wait until fall when (I hope) the prices for the ought-5 GTO’s come down. I’m hoping that a good pair of winter tires (blizzaks) will get me up the hill. Has anyone here had much experience with a GTO on ice?
Merry Christmas
Pastor Spomer

·
Registered
141 Posts
Golfshaftguys,
The only way to get three kids into the Goat is if one is 12 or older and can sit in front. If the wife's not allowed/able to drive the Goat, then get a different car. Sorry, my second choices are kinda pricey. If she can, then use the Trailblzer for a family vehicle if you need to take all the kids. That's why I have a Suburban. My three are older and have no car seats so can't help there.

Pastor Spomer,
It's a beast on ice, I put on snows and it works pretty well. Just enought oversteer to keep up my "drifting" skills around corners.

David

·
Registered
1 Posts
i saw u be a good dad...2 kid seats in the back...1 in the front...alternate kids...this way every week one kid loves his dad more than life....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts