Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GTO computer seems to be going wacko lately...

1) June, the stereo cut itself off magically by itself while driving one day. I have read other reports on this forum of that happening. It has only happened once.

2) Late July - I started the engine and got ENGINE icon and the "degregated performance" message. I shut off the engine and got the same error reported again. I tried a third time and the error cleared itself. I have not seen that problem again

3) Mid-August - Started the engine and got "degregated performance" message again (no icons this time). I got to the dealer to read the code and it said "accelerator petal stuck". The reset the code, restarted the engine and I have not seen that come back again.

4) yesterday I sarted the engine and got ABS Failure - Trac Off error. I turned off and back on and it went away. Today, I was driving and out of nowhere the ABS Failure - Trac Off error came back. I turned off and back on and it is cleared again.

..........is the onboard computer driving anyone else nutz?

As long as these errors are resetting themselves should I be concerned? The one that sucked was the accelerator error did not reset itself and I had to drive about 5 miles in what seemed like a 4 banger.

·
Registered
531 Posts
"I'm sorry Dave..... I can't do that"....

I had a problem similar to yours with the accelerator position sensor. They replaced it and haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Man, sounds like gremlins, lucky me no errors. I feel for you. Please post more info as it pops up. Not much info on these cars.:willy:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts