Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up my 2006 GTO last thursday. I tried a while ago; bringing one to Canada; but it didn't work; safety issues they claim. So a guy I work with said he swore he saw a GTO sitting at one of the local chevy dealer ships. Went to check it out and ended up taking it home. Insurance checked out; same with import and safety inspection. It was actually cheaper for me to insure this car than my 2003 Sierra.

More pics to come once I clean her up a bit.

·
Registered
96 Posts
you lucky b/strd!! any way, look into the Nw section of this forum and the "other" and join us in the greater seattle area!!!! welcome to the herd!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Transport Canada has recently changed their laws which allow cars like the GTO and the EVO 9 to be imported into Canada.
Very nice car, and hopefully in the near future I will be another lucky Canadian to own one of these nice cars.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I'm in Canada also, how much you think it'll cost to import a GTO here anyway?
I got my eye on this '06 Goat in Chicago.

BTW, is it possible to import it myself? If so, how complicated is it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got my goat after 4months of trying

Hey guys

I picked up a Black 2006 with red leather from Delray beach Florida last week. Border issues and a tranny issue has prevented me from enjoying the goat. Next week she will be back from the shop and ready to go. I'll post some pics soon.

·
Registered
42 Posts
canadian goat owners!

i live outside of winnipeg, manitoba and i am a proud owner of a 04 gto. so far i have done plug/wire upgrade, k&n intake, and a diablosport programmer, also 275's for the back! i honestly think the best thing about owning one in canada is that they are so rare and when a ricer pulls up beside you revving his fart can, he has no idea that there is a 5.7L under the hood. with just the mods ive done has made a huge difference!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
i live outside of winnipeg, manitoba and i am a proud owner of a 04 gto. so far i have done plug/wire upgrade, k&n intake, and a diablosport programmer, also 275's for the back! i honestly think the best thing about owning one in canada is that they are so rare and when a ricer pulls up beside you revving his fart can, he has no idea that there is a 5.7L under the hood. with just the mods ive done has made a huge difference!
Which was a plug/wire upgrade?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts