Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I took in my gto because behind the driver side rear tire the bumper keeps popping loose and they told me they would have to give me a rentawreck. For a couple of hours they had me in a pos slowbalt because they were trying to find something bigger. Finally I went back and they "found" a v6 charger for me to drive. I now remember why I went with the goat instead of the charger. Hopefully I will have my car back tomorrow so I can get rid of this lumbering beast I have sitting in my driveway. In a way it reminds me of the canyonero from the simpsons becuase it feels like it is big as a house and 3 lanes wide.

·
Registered
137 Posts
...65 tons of American pride...it's the top of the line in utility sports; unexplained fires are a matter for the courts...that was a great episode. Sucks that you have to drive that dinosaur...hope you get the GOAT back ASAP.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Last time i was at the dealership to get the gto worked on they tried to give me something like that. I kicked and screamed and they eventually caved in and let me take the other gto on the lot. I can't stand driving any other car.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I will be getting my car back on wednesday. Unfortunatly it was finished at 4 p.m. and that is when I started work. There were a few things I did like about the charger though. For starters the seat motors were atleast 4 times faster than the motors we have(I guess they had to have something faster) and the ride was extremely smooth even doing 50 over a set of speed bumps and lastly the sound quality of their audio set up was great.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Last time my dealer gave me a loaner to drive, it was a Pontiac Aztec!!!:eek:

Talk about the direct opposite of a GTO:willy:

I had to wear real dark sunglasses for that one...:cool

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just got my gto back and got home and what a surprise the problem I took it in for is still there. One other thing about the charger was I am 6' and around 275lbs and this car still had me feeling as if I was a little kid sitting in daddies car.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Here it goes again. So i take my car in tomorrow morning to have the same thing fixed one mine. My left part of my front bumper keeps popping out. I am also having two speakers replaced because i like my music a little bit too loud. Then also having my gas tank lid fixed. It won't lock shut. So four things. I'm gunna be in a rental for a few days, which sucks.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the car is back in the shop. They ordered me a new bumper and I should have it back in 2 days since they still need to paint it. For the time being I will be driving a chevy colorado. I would have complained about the truck, but I recently came from an s-10 so it isn't so bad. I just feels weird to be so high off of the road again.

·
Registered
83 Posts
When my wife took my car in for the front bumper repair work to remove the screw holes, they gave her a Kia Optima! It's a good thing that I was out of town or that wouldnt have happened for sure... Aztec almost sounds like a step up...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts