Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 6'5" and 290lb.

I've test driven a 2004 GTO and found it to be a little tight inside. But, I couldn't really get comfortable with a salesman sitting right there.

So, are there any other defensive-tackle type people who have the GTO? Is it comfortable for more than a 2:00 test-drive?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm 6'7 and 235 lbs. I can drive the goat fine but wish for just a little more
head room. It's there the dang seat is just mounted to high. My brother in Law is about your size and he drove it fine also. It is about the only sports car out there for big guys. I got in a 2005 vette the other day and it was a joke.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
blue goat said:
I'm 6'7 and 235 lbs. I can drive the goat fine but wish for just a little more
head room. It's there the dang seat is just mounted to high. My brother in Law is about your size and he drove it fine also. It is about the only sports car out there for big guys. I got in a 2005 vette the other day and it was a joke.
I assume the vette was worse for headroom?

Headroom is precisely my problem. I'm 6'5" with a 32" inseam. So, my height is all from the waist up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm 6'4" and have no problem. I lower the rear of the seat and raise the front. This makes it a little harder to enter and exit but it's quite comfortable for driving. I do the same in my 89 Vet and it leaves me with plenty of room.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Honestly i would imagine that it would be hard for you to fit into any car...

cars are designed for "normal sized" people... Im not saying the being big is a bad thing, but in the case of sprots cars, it is...
Ferraris only fit people up to about 6'2 and are perfect for people around 5'10...

Gtos are the big persons sports car... It is still a sports car though and you will have a hard time fitting at 6'5/295... w/e just my .02

·
Registered
26 Posts
The '05 vette seemed to have the same headroom as the GTO and has more according to gm.com . But they got the leg room wrong saying it had more of that than the GTO also.

People are getting bigger. That's a fact. I used to own shoe stores and averages have steadily gone up for a long time.

Besides here in Texas almost everybody is over 6' tall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts