Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between the '68 GTO and the LeMans front fenders and hood? One spec sheet I've seen shows the LeMans total lenght 4 inches longer than the GTO. I have a '68 LeMans Convertible that has been cloned into a GTO. The endura bumper does not fit worth a crap. I know its a bad fiberglass reproduction, Ames says they won't sell them till quality improves. OPG is now making a new rubber endura for lthe '68-'69 models that is suppose to be an exact copy of the original. I'd like to know before spending big bucks on it if it will fit, or are these LeMans fenders longer? Anyone know for sure?

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between the '68 GTO and the LeMans front fenders and hood? One spec sheet I've seen shows the LeMans total lenght 4 inches longer than the GTO. I have a '68 LeMans Convertible that has been cloned into a GTO. The endura bumper does not fit worth a crap. I know its a bad fiberglass reproduction, Ames says they won't sell them till quality improves. OPG is now making a new rubber endura for lthe '68-'69 models that is suppose to be an exact copy of the original. I'd like to know before spending big bucks on it if it will fit, or are these LeMans fenders longer? Anyone know for sure?
The hoods are the same size 68-70 and should fit both Lemans and GTO, the fenders are the same sizes 68-69. Online catalogs list them to be proper fit for both these items and don't require a specification of hardtop or convertible. As far as the Endura bumpers go I have heard that all repos require a good amount of work to fit properly.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've heard the same thing about the bumpers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts