Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going absolutely whacko here. It's only been a week, and I'm going nuts wondering about my GTO...when will the new engine be put in, when will it be complete, will it run like "new"??? GARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! Any body else out there have a new engine replaced in their GTO?

:)

Dave

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I've had engines replaced under warranty before. Better off relaxing and let the dealer do the job right. And be damn sure to check your front fenders for paint dings and pressure dents before accepting your car. Sometimes, the mechanics lean really hard on the fenders to position the engine as it's being put in -- wrinkling the body work in the process.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! They know that I am a detail FREAK, and the dealer actually put a buffing towel on the inside of the dash to grab incase any fingerprints get on it. I about crapped my pants...thought that was awesome... :)

That's great advice though, I'll give the panels a good scan before I take 'er out!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Dealer did my SS in a day and a half. Took it in at 0900 picked it up at 3:00 next day !!! Took it out from the bottom, just like they go in. Hood didn't even come off. Hope they get it done for you soon. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts