Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at atco this last weekend. I got one pass in due to the amount of cars breaking but thats another story. There was at least 50 GTO at atco this weekend. Fastest run I saw from a goat was a 12.2 @ 115! Were any of you guys there? It was interesting to see the GTO's have a bigger presence than the mustangs for a change. Gotta say if I were to own a GTO I'd have to get the orange model. Thats a sweet color on the GTO.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guy told me it was a heads/cam/intake car with suspension mods and running BFG drag radials. Alot of the guys there were in the 13's and 14's in their GTOs. It was good to see a goat really run hard!

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Atco.

I used to race there but I never liked the track or the pit area.One of the owners of the speed shop that I use goes to Lebonon Raceway with his 04 GTO, turns low 10's with a car that is street legal and street driven. Makes over 720 RWHP using a Mustang Dyno. Now it is going through another transformation, shooting for 1000 RWHP, Check their website
WWW.MONGILLOMOTORS.COM

·
Registered
377 Posts
Alot of the guys there were in the 13's and 14's in their GTOs.

Ouch, that's it? ATCO is one of the nations fastest tracks. No stockers on DRs hitting 12s? What kind of trap speeds?

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Ouch, that's it? ATCO is one of the nations fastest tracks. No stockers on DRs hitting 12s? What kind of trap speeds?
Alot has to do with the driver. Talladega Superspeedway is one of the nations fastest tracks, it don't automaticly mean I can go there and run with the big doggs.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Alot has to do with the driver. Talladega Superspeedway is one of the nations fastest tracks, it don't automaticly mean I can go there and run with the big doggs.
If you're going to use a nascar (is that supposed to be capitalized?) reference and refer to them as "big doggs", I doubt we can have a conversation.... ;)

Regardless, revealing trap speeds would at least help.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
If you're going to use a nascar (is that supposed to be capitalized?) reference and refer to them as "big doggs", I doubt we can have a conversation.... ;)

Regardless, revealing trap speeds would at least help.
LOL. I'm the ALMS, SCCA, and Grand Am type;). I was just messing with you, hell I could have went out there with a 700hp GTO and still turned 13's I sux so bad.:) But it sounds like he was just making a general observation.
But I agree with you, also 60' s would help also.

And bluebeast I have to disagree with you Mustangs do have a bigger presence than GTO's, just drive around.:D

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Usally you cant throw a stone at atco without hitting a mustang. Thats how it was with GTO's this night. As far as stockers running in the high 12's there may have been a few but I didn't see them. I was standing in the stageing lanes waiting my turn. If I was in the near lane and the far lane was running I'd go to the grand stand and watch. Most everyones trap speeds were up due to the 50 degree weather but the GTO's 60 ft's weren't that great. I didn't see one gto running slicks and very few had drag radials.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Blue.. you here too

I missed that event, I was planning on running there but wound up going to MIR insted. I am glad I did because I ran several 12.8 runs..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts