Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Cousin Brian Potter and I attended the GTO Nationals here in Atlanta in 1997. He had a 1970 GTO that was in the copper color GM used in the early 70s. It had what I would call a bone white interior with maybe gold colored carpet.

I remember we went to the I-285 drive-in with a bunch of other GTOs on the Saturday night of that weekend. The movie Men in Black was premiering / opening weekend. Either a professional photographer, or maybe a club member, set up a very tall step ladder in front of the screen before the movie started. He took a panoramic photo of all the GTOs that were there.

There were quite a few. I'd guess at least 100 or so attended.

The reason I'm asking is my Cousin Brian passed away of a heart attack at 44 years old on 8/22/08.

We were right near the front standing in front of his GTO. I really wish I could find a copy of that picture. Or maybe if somebody has pictures from the show or from the hotel parking lot.

He had a body shop at one point and restored one or two GTOs for guys that lived here in the Atlanta area.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ken,
Here are the officers of SEGTOA, I would be willing to bet you will find the pictures from one of the guys;
Officers
Thanks, I'll check with them.

EDIT: I remember Ed Bellair. I had checked with him a couple of years ago but we never got back together on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you know Jamie Lyons in Canton? He may be able to help you as well.
That name sounds familiar. I could probably look him up as well.

I'm about to finally build my garage in my back yard that we used to talk about all the time. He had given me some stuff to use when I was able to get it built.

Best is a vintage Valvoline sign that is back lit with fluorescent lights. Like most guys we never really took pictures of each other. If I can find one of the GTO nats I'd get it framed.

I also figured out that it was actually a 71 and not a 70. He had added the trunk spoiler. It sure was nice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts