Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I should make a formal introduction since I have near convinced myself I will be buying a new 06 GTO within the next few weeks (holding out to see what March Madness will hold).

Currently I drive a loaded 2005 Saab 9-3 Aero (4 cylinder Turbo w/ 210HP 221lb ft Torque) with all kinda of luxury gadgets. After test driving a GTO twice now, having nearly twice the power is becoming really appealing. My only holdback is that the only "gadget" that the GTO has is the miles per gallon and trip meters built into the dash... but then again I don't think I would miss that stuff a whole lot. EDIT: I forgot about the trunk... I understand why the had to make it so small, but that is insane. I remember reading on here it was smaller, but I was shocked with I opened it up at the dealer.

I was a bit suprised that the GTO is only ~2 seconds faster with 0-60, but you can't have near as much fun with the Saab since all the power is after 20-30mph.

Anyway, theres my "difficult" question, but chances are it won't be long before I'm in a new GTO :willy:

·
Registered
850 Posts
Welcome to the forum! BTW...do you know that there is a lot more than just the mpg on the driver's information center? I traded in a Mercedes for my GTO and think it's just as nice (and I'm not talking about a C class either!)...There is a whole bunch of stuff in a GTO!

Again, welcome to the party and let us know if you have any questions!:party:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome NovaCoke! I just moved into a GTO a couple weeks back - talk about gadget shock, I came from an Acura TL, and you don't find too many cars with more fun stuff - bluetooth w/voice recog, heated everything, sunroof, surround sound audio, on and on.
That said - nothing beats that feeling when my right foot gets heavy!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I pulled the trigger... almost... assuming everything goes as planned I should have my new GTO by Saturday! I can't wait, I doubt I'm going to get much sleep in the next few days.

Its a 2006 Phantom Black w/ Red Leather Interior, 6 speed and 18" wheels. :party:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
novacoke said:
Well I pulled the trigger... almost... assuming everything goes as planned I should have my new GTO by Saturday! I can't wait, I doubt I'm going to get much sleep in the next few days.

Its a 2006 Phantom Black w/ Red Leather Interior, 6 speed and 18" wheels. :party:
Excellent taste in color combos; I speak firsthand!:rofl:

Welcome to the GTO family.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.