Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Everyone. Well as the title states I am the proud owner of a Pontiac GTO. Torrid red w/ six speed. I had no Idea that the GTO was such a wolf in sheep's clothing. Please let me explain. On Wed the 25th I was at my local Pontiac dealer getting my pick up serviced, when I asked the dealer owner about selling my pick up. He asked what I was wanting to buy. I said I would like to buy a Corvette but my wife who I love dearly say's no. The dealer owner say's get a Pontiac GTO, its the same thing as the new Corvette except that it seats four. So what did I do, Yep I test drove the GTO. Then I bought it and brought it home on the 26th.

·
Registered
58 Posts
congrats :party:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Hope you enjoy it as much as I am mine.

I've heard the GTO called a "poor man's vette". With a list of $33K+, that may be a little bit of a misnomer in my mind.

I think the long term reliability of the GTO should be better than the Vette's. As you read through this forum you'll see a few problems with these cars, but to me, the build quality is on par with Toyota or Nissan.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Dragon ~ Welcome to the forum man and Congratulations on your purchase. You also get a functional back seat with this car. You will find yourself right next to any vette, but the Z06.

Noz ~ Actually the build quality is pretty average for most GM vehicles. despite all opinions from the media and second cousins, the facts are that GM makes good reliable cars.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Well I went looking at one but they didnt want to sell me anything, Maybe in a few years when I find a private party used one.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I prefer to think of it as the "family man's Corvette", can comfortably put two kids in the back (even large ones). Without a backseat (and I'm not implying that it should have) I can't justify a C-6 (....yet)!

·
Registered
212 Posts
dealernut said:
Dragon ~ Welcome to the forum man and Congratulations on your purchase. You also get a functional back seat with this car. You will find yourself right next to any vette, but the Z06.
Heck, we're right there with the 04 and earlier Z06, which were 405 hp and we're way ahead of all the older Vette's. I know I have an 85.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Congradulations!! O.K. Had it since the 26th? YOUVE KEPT IT STOCK LONG ENOUGH! Time for some modifications!:D :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.