Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How well do the kids fit in the back seats?

I've got two girls age 7 & 5. The 7 yr. old is about out of her booster seat & the 5 year old could use just the 1/2 booster that isn't an actual seat with a 3 point harness.

Those with children, do you find that there is adequate room for them?

I'm 6'3" & would have to have my seat pretty far back too. I'm going to look soon & if they fit & I feel they are safe I may just pull the trigger if I can get a screaming deal like a lot have gotten here.

My 1st web quote was redicolus though @ $25,750. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your input.

Last :seeya

·
Registered
21 Posts
just got an 04 pulse red 6M. I'm 6'3 and tall in the saddle. Small adults can fit behind me with their legs in the footwell. The only way to know for sure is to go do a family-test-fit. Good luck!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot for the reply.

I'm going in tomorrow to check it out with the kids.

BTW: What a coincidence :eek: I'm going to look @ a Pluse Red MN6? :eek:

Last :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Last said:
My email quote two weeks ago was $28,000 - $25,750 seems like a nice low starting quote to me. At least you can get $5,500 off - only $3,000 off in Colorado...

·
Registered
36 Posts
U might want to check check into a 05 grand prix (super charged) I know its not a gto but thay're a pretty nice car, good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My girlfriend has a 6&7 year old and they fit just fine back there. The bad part is the power seat takes what seems like forever to go back and forth. In fact the car is going back to the dealer as soon as they get a new seat motor in since the driver side one has allready gone pretty much out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
GTO_Newbie said:
My email quote two weeks ago was $28,000 - $25,750 seems like a nice low starting quote to me. At least you can get $5,500 off - only $3,000 off in Colorado...
that price looks to me like they already took the rebate off.

·
Registered
56 Posts
why2kmax said:
that price looks to me like they already took the rebate off.
6'3"... you're pretty tall, and your girls may grow tall themselves, remember to keep that in mind, they may fit now, but what about when they're 10 or so?

Good luck, and I hope it works out for ya.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Last said:

Thanks for your input.

Last :seeya
that is not such a bad price. the big discount is the 5000 of gm card earnings some are getting. that brings it down to 20750 which is around the low end of the spectrum. I could have gotten a black for 24250 four hours from me or silver for 25400 a half hour from me. if it is the extra cost red, the deal is not bad, maybe a little room, but I dont think 5000 in room.

·
Registered
101 Posts
There's loads of room back there for adults. It's a little tricky to get in and out, but there's full-size sedan leg room once you're there.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I finally got to a dealership today.

The kids fit fine. It's a lot of work for an adult to get back there but once there it's not so bad (or as bad as it looks).

So that part of the equation has been answered.

Now, on to the deal. They've got them buy it now with a Red Tag Sale price of $25,495. Unfortunately they sold the Pulse Red 6M that I wanted but did have a Torrid Red 6M with 350mi on the clock.

He told me he could work me a special deal on the car but when it came time for the paper work they wouldn't budge on the price.

I offered them 23k out the door & I'll write the check right then & do the 2.9% finance as well to get the discounts. I mentioned that many others are getting 10k off the "Sticker" which would put the Torrid Red @ just a tad over $23k. I figured with the extra miles on the car my 23k offer was fair.

Wrong, I'm back home with no GTO :( but I'm not giving up! There are a few more dealers around me & I really think I'll get what I want to pay.

To be conintued....... (I have a feeling that I'll get a call with them taking my offer). We'll see!

Last :)

PS. Thanks for all of the replies, this place is a gold mine of information!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts