Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would you rate all the Classic GTO parts suppliers?
I'm in Georgia, prices vary but how about quality?

I'm familiar with Year One, OPG and Ames.

Mick
'66 GTO

·
Registered
173 Posts
IMO, Ames and Performance Years are the only two really GOOD choices. All the others sell Chevy parts as a primary business and Pontiacs are "second". Ames and PY sell ONLY Pontiac stuff. Ames is the only one I know of that gives an OBJECTIVE review of their stuff. Patronize the Pontiac guys. They're "on our side".

Jim

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I discovered Ames after ordering parts from other suppliers, wish I'd have ask this question before then. I now have an Ames catalog and am putting together a 'wish' list.
Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
5,741 Posts
I'd add ThePartsPlaceInc.com to the list. Their prices on some things tend to be a little better, but I agree with the idea of supporting those who support us.

Bear

·
Registered
686 Posts
Just some trivia for you guys "Year One" is named that way because it refers to the 69 Trans Am being year one for that version of the firebird.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Haven't tried Peformance Years yet, but I've had good dealings with Ames on the 2-3 orders I've placed so far. Putting together another list of stuff to order in the next week or two for my April projects :cool

As mentioned by someone else, I like their quality rating of the parts in the catalog, and their tech and sales support is very good too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts