Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
The "pinch" on this one is actually the opposite as the other one. Instead of being "Pinched" in the grille, its wider in the middle and more narrow on the ends. What a difference. I say ditch the hide-aways though. Looking at the image with the lights in there against them closed; I like the look of the focused beams. Check out the meat on that rear tire. Hello! Thats what our should have come with !

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I likee! That "pinched" look is suh-wheet- lovin' the flares. Those bad-ass looking brake-cooling and intake scoops on the awesome Woodward hood would hopefully be functional--- or else they would be just plain silly.

The fascia could be a lot nicer though...I vastly prefer the faired-in headlamps of our cars... hide-aways are soooooooo two decades ago. I'm not a big retro fan.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
2HellInAHandBasket said:
found on another forum. Like it or dislike it ?

NOW WE'RE TALKIN' !!!!!!!!!!!!

The hide away lights like the 69' Judge !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH YEA

Front looks FANfuc**nTASTIC! Color is niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

any pix of the rear?? any pix of the interrior?

MORE MORE MORE.................. Now that's HOT

I'll take 1.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i think it is hideous.

the age of hideaway lights is long gone, never to return, much like flip up lights. i think the C6 vette makred the death of those forever.

that is too "1990s Concept Car That People Will Laugh At In 10 Years" for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well the later model gtos used the "taller in the center" styl grills, so its still in keeping with the GTO's of the past

and the headlights arent ment as hide aways i dont think, as the front 3/d4 view uses tinted projector headlights, and the front view just doesnt seam to have them aded in, at least not yet

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Much better than the 99 concept car. Not overdone, rear tires do look very nice. They even refrained from tacking on a rear wing.

As for the lights, the styling isn't bad but I generally follow the rule "simple is better". It's just another motor to fail, a mechanical door to jam. I'd find some way to stick the lights under a polycarbonate cover a la the current car. It's the same argument I'd use against motorized seat tracks in a coupe. In the long run, all these motors and crap will become an annoyance to owners.

That is a car I could drive without shame.....if it weren't for that butt ugly pumpkin paint job. Come on, Photoshop will allow an unlimited choice of colors and this is what someone chose? On the other hand if you can make a car look good in that color, it must be fundamentally beautiful because the clothes aren't helping at all.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Wing_Nut said:
Much better than the 99 concept car. Not overdone, rear tires do look very nice. They even refrained from tacking on a rear wing.

As for the lights, the styling isn't bad but I generally follow the rule "simple is better". It's just another motor to fail, a mechanical door to jam. I'd find some way to stick the lights under a polycarbonate cover a la the current car. It's the same argument I'd use against motorized seat tracks in a coupe. In the long run, all these motors and crap will become an annoyance to owners.

That is a car I could drive without shame.....if it weren't for that butt ugly pumpkin paint job. Come on, Photoshop will allow an unlimited choice of colors and this is what someone chose? On the other hand if you can make a car look good in that color, it must be fundamentally beautiful because the clothes aren't helping at all.
Isnt that the new color for the 06?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.