Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got back from viewing and photographing several GTO's in a private collection. Among them is the original '65 Hurst car and '65 Riverside 500 pace convertible. It's too late to upload 255 pics to my account and post the GTO's tonight, but I had to throw this teaser out until tomorow...:seeya:

·
Registered
132 Posts
I hope he actually drives them I have never understood why people build a car just to have it sit. I have been to the smithsonian and it sucked.

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ALL of the 80 cars are driven at least 2-3 times a year. He has a few trusted "handlers" who do this for him and even take them to local car shows and cruises. I applied for, and was immediately accepted into the program, but since I live 360 miles from them don't see that happening anytime soon. It also seems the pics aren't coming across from Webshots. Hmmmmmm...... don't know which end the problem is on but they will eventually get it corrected. Here are more of the Hurst car.

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
'65 Pace car

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Couple '64's for Rickster and Thor...

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With the sun coming in the windows and fluorescent lighting, it was hard to get good angles to eliminate glare.
Here's a few for the "late model" crowd...:lol:
This is a '69 triple black convert, claimed to be another one-of-one.

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Billed as 1-of-6 ram air 4 converts with an automatic.

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Orbit Orange... was this possibly made in Canada ? It was the only '70 trim tag to have options on it like my Oshawa built Chevelle.

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
Thanks for posting, Mich. NO '67's??? Well, there's no accounting for individual taste! A lot of NICE cars, tho'..........!!!!!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
He definitely likes the 70 judge! I live in Indy and I know of a collector with almost 30 separate muscle cars but they're all MOPAR. Did he happen to have any Javelins or Ramblers from AMC? I have always really like them.

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He definitely likes the 70 judge! I live in Indy and I know of a collector with almost 30 separate muscle cars but they're all MOPAR. Did he happen to have any Javelins or Ramblers from AMC? I have always really like them.
No AMC stuff there. He does have 2 Mopars. A '65 Belvedere ? HEMI and a '69 Roadrunner HEMI...

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
'66

1 - 20 of 24 Posts