Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone. I'm leaving for Marine Corps Boot Camp Jan. 8th. I'll be done with most of my training ( boot/infantry/job ) by August 07.

I've been wondering what prices will look like on new and used GTOs by then. ( if there are any new ones by then )

Since by then they will all be over 14 months old I'm wondering if any of you Goat experts here can give me a guesstimate of how much the prices might be on them by then. I figure the dealerships will be trying to unload them to make space for newer cars so they'll drop the prices, which will drop the prices of the non-dealership cars, but is there any way to estimate how much those prices might drop?

Also, can anyone tell me what kind of gains can be made with aftermarket headers and exhaust system?

·
Registered
242 Posts
First off, they won't be making any 2007 models so you will have to find a new 2006 still on dealer lot or buy used. The GTO may come back for 2009

Hard to say what the price will be... Right now used prices are low because you can get such a good deal on new one's. After they are all sold, I expect the price to stabilize/ come up and have very little room for negotiation due to it's rarity...

that's just what I think and I may not know ****

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
First off, they won't be making any 2007 models so you will have to find a new 2006 still on dealer lot or buy used. The GTO may come back for 2009

Hard to say what the price will be... Right now used prices are low because you can get such a good deal on new one's. After they are all sold, I expect the price to stabilize/ come up and have very little room for negotiation due to it's rarity...

that's just what I think and I may not know ****

Seems like there will still be some new. I recently saw a 2005 with 70 miles for sale by a dealer on ebay that couldn't unload it.

Edit: correction, it's a 2004. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-...19QQihZ016QQcategoryZ7244QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ftlfirefighter said:
Enjoy yourself at boot, believe me you'll wonder what your doing there but you'll look back at the time aftwards with fond memories! Semper Fi, SgtMaj Will
Thanks SgtMaj, I'll be sure to have a ball, since I hear all the hard work starts once we leave boot camp. Sorry to see what happened to your GTO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.