Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off of the Mitsu website and I was taking a look at the new EVO. (Just to see what it had).
The MR EDITION starting price is over $35,000 and the RS starting at 29k! It has a 0-60 time of under 5 sec but so will the 05 GTO.

I went to a dealer about 6 months back and sat in an EVO and it didn't even come close to the GTO. The quality is all sub par. The interior is all plastic crap.

Same goes for the STi.

The whole point here is that in any review that I've read of the EVO no one ever complains about the price. Why is that one of the most mentioned cons about the GTO?

After sitting in both I've realized that the GTO is a fair price even at sticker.

·
Registered
112 Posts
madx2 said:
The whole point here is that in any review that I've read of the EVO no one ever complains about the price. Why is that one of the most mentioned cons about the GTO?
Because, honestly, a lot of people prefer riced-out cars. They want tacked-on crap and the appearance of performance. Many people will pay extra to "look cool." In the minds of some, a cool exterior gets chicks but a cool interior gets you nothing.

It's the old "show versus go" all over again.

Disclaimer: Not to say that the Evo isn't a stellar performer--it certainly is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts