Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right forum, but seems there is a lot of traffic here. Anybody know if there is a "correct" color of the GTO rear 1/4 panel decal that should go on the Cameo Ivory paint? I see OPG sells them in white, red and black. Did Pontiac use different colors of decal on different color of cars? Seems the white decal wouldn't show well on the ivory paint? As always, thanks in advance for you input members!

John

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Not sure if this is the right forum, but seems there is a lot of traffic here. Anybody know if there is a "correct" color of the GTO rear 1/4 panel decal that should go on the Cameo Ivory paint? I see OPG sells them in white, red and black. Did Pontiac use different colors of decal on different color of cars? Seems the white decal wouldn't show well on the ivory paint? As always, thanks in advance for you input members!

John
My guess would be it is your call. I could not find anything specific other than the 3 color choices and the color used depended on the exterior paint color. Looking at a 1967 color chart having a similar exterior color, the optional pinstriping for that exterior color was either red or black. White was not an option, but was on other exterior colors. Again, personalize it to meet your eye, red or black. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My guess would be it is your call. I could not find anything specific other than the 3 color choices and the color used depended on the exterior paint color. Looking at a 1967 color chart having a similar exterior color, the optional pinstriping for that exterior color was either red or black. White was not an option, but was on other exterior colors. Again, personalize it to meet your eye, red or black. :thumbsup:
Thanks! Black it is!

·
Premium Member
173 Posts

John
You did not say the year - 68 was the first year for the rear quarter decal.

I think I have some books with the factory combos that were used based on codes.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Sorry bout that! It's (she's) a 68 GTO.😉
what color interior and top. that also enters into the equation.

Pg 36 of the Resto Guide (2nd Ed) has the combinations:
For cameo white ext - Red or Black decals
Red decal preferred with trim code 225 (Regimental Red)
Black decal preferred for every other interior / top combo

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what color interior and top. that also enters into the equation.

Pg 36 of the Resto Guide (2nd Ed) has the combinations:
For cameo white ext - Red or Black decals
Red decal preferred with trim code 225 (Regimental Red)
Black decal preferred for every other interior / top combo
Looks like the black decal is the one. I have parchment interior. Thanks again for the research!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts