·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
GTO Regeneration:
Next-gen Pontiac muscle car reportedly will hit market in '08

BOB GRITZINGER
Posted Date: 8/3/05​

What you see in this illustration is a fairly close rendition of what we can expect when the next-generation Pontiac GTO hits the market in 2008. We say “fairly close” because we’ve seen the super-secret spy photos upon which it is based, and the actual shots show a sleeker, wider, lower and, frankly, far more appealing car.

That’s the good news.

The bad news is General Motors’ Aussie division Holden reportedly may not start cranking out these future Goats until 2008, a full two years after production ceases on the 2006 Holden Monaro-based GTO.

One more tidbit: It’s not shown here, but we hear GM is considering doing this GTO as a four-door coupe, using rear-hinged rear-access doors without visible handles.

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102907

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
The front kind of looks like the face of Jack Nickelson as the joker on batman.
The headlights go up as does his eyebrows.

I don't know about that.... side resembles a Mustang... kinda...

That's gonna have to grow on me. At first sight, I like mine better but I want to see more!!

I didn't much care for the 04 GTO's when they came out.... but....... they grew on me like mold on bread....

You da man Randy.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
The side does have a last gen Mustang look to it. IMO they went from a car that people said reminded them of a Cavalier, to a car that reminds me of a Sunbird. They went the wrong way. I like the 4 door coupe ala Saturn Ion/RX8 idea, as long as it doesn't screw up the roofline.

·
Registered
558 Posts
That's a heinous PhotoShop job perpetrated upon a photo of a poor, unsuspecting '05.

Anybody remember the unlamented J2000? Or the '77 Firebird? Both had the same twin black grilles and quad headlamps flanking a pointed beak.

If you're going to mine your heritage, at least go to the trouble to hearken back to something that looked decent!

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
:agree

Keep in mind the above photo chop is Autoweek's concept of what they believe the 08 GTO will look like. The actual product will probably look nothing like the above picture.

My opinion, Pontiac will have an 07 GTO ready to roll out in less than a year and Chevy and maybe Buick will also roll out a new sister version on the same platform.

·
Registered
565 Posts
:rofl:

I've learned not to trust Autoweek... and clearly in their dislike for the GTO they managed to piss us all of by making it look not only crappy but a lot like the current Stang. I don't know if I'm the only one who feels this way... but it's more than just the sides that look like a stang. It all looks like a new stang except somewhat remodled and with the Pontiac traditional front grille. :mad:

·
Registered
144 Posts
I hope they do the suicide door thing, or at least offer it as an option. Provided, of course, it doesn't alter the lines of the car.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I'm not a fan of that drawing, but then again, I didn't like pictures of the current GTO, so that may change.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.