Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that I am comparing a Ford To a Pontiac. But the 1984 Svo never really sold well. The next year they changed the looks a little bit and also increased the horsepower of the car. Both the 84 Svo and the 04 Gto had the dual exhaust on the drivers side. The 85-86 Svo had dual exhaust just like the 05 GTo will have. I wonder if sales don't rebound for 05 if Pontiac will kill off the Gto after 06 just like ford did with the Svo. If that happens maybe I will purchase my Gto after the smartbuy is up. :cool

·
Registered
20 Posts
1984 Svo

The 1984 SVO was one of my favorite cars! I owned one for over 10 yrs and loved the little turbocharged car. I actually put in a engine from a 1986 SVO and did some mods and got close to 300 dynoed horsepower out of it. It was fast and the fox bodied car handled well.I had all of the options for the year offered and it held up well over the years. I know that they didnt sell well but a lot of people in car clubs still have them.

As is the case of the 2004 GTO they were a good value for the money.

Phillip

G

·
idareu said:
II wonder if sales don't rebound for 05 if Pontiac will kill off the Gto after 06 just like ford did with the Svo. If that happens maybe I will purchase my Gto after the smartbuy is up. :cool
According to Car & Driver, it's been GM's intention from the beginning to offer the GTO for only three years.
Git 'em while they're hot....

Larry
:cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.