Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fullarmor2 said:
At that rate it will only be a little over ten thousand sold! :confused

Not to mention that the Last dealer order went in 2 weeks ago this morning (April 11th ?)

Can any dealers confirm this?

So what that means kids is that we just might have a collectors item here :cool

·
Registered
140 Posts
Remember that dealers actually buy the cars not you. As far as I can recall, the dealers have re-sold every car that they have ever bought. So, if you can find out the order number you'll know the final sales figure.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Either way it seems we are looking at less than 50k total for the 3 years. 50k for the whole US is pretty low.

GTObird did bring up a point--are those numbers sales to dealers, or sales to end buyers? Also, surely they don't include in those numbers the GTOs that were lost before making it to the dealer, do they? (like when the train delivering some derailed)

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Clueless said:
Either way it seems we are looking at less than 50k total for the 3 years. 50k for the whole US is pretty low.

The way these numbers are looking, The total run for this model GTO would be 40k at best.

35k at best is more like it since you can no longer (dealers as well) special order from the factory. And we're still in April This run is done.....

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
fullarmor2 said:
Oh well, the rarity of these GTO's will continue, which is part of the fun in owning it.:D
:agree

That's one of things I dislike about Stangs. Pick any stop light, and you can't look out your windows without counting the Stangs - they're everywhere :eek:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ADCRUZINGTO said:
you could tell that there aren't that many gto's sold. sometimes this forum is like a graveyard.
huh? :confused

There have been exactly this many sold... :cool
2004 = 15,728
2005 = 11,069
2006 = 2,576 (through 3/31/06)

try this one, it has much more "traffic" :rofl: http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/

·
Registered
18 Posts
hey robertr2000, thanks ive been to that site -pretty good stuff. i basically lurk between vette forum to this one. i am member 0f 2004-2006 gto society and very guilty of lurking and not posting,i bought a 2006 ibm gto 2 mos ago. very happy gto owner with 3000 (weekend) miles already and a very jealous 2003 ae c5.
regards:cheers

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
"06 ibm GTO"

what's "ibm" ?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.