Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how the sales of the 2005 gto are going? How many did they make, and how many have they sold to date? I want to buy one but I am waiting for the 2006 to come out, hoping I will get a better lease deal with what is left on the dealership lots. Around here, there are still many GTO on the dealer lots and they aren't selling that fast. Thanks.

·
Registered
410 Posts
V8 INTERCEPTOR said:
Around here, there are still many GTO on the dealer lots and they aren't selling that fast. Thanks.
Where is around here? 05 GTO sales are up 80% of last year and they are not having to advertize the car. Compared to last year there are less than a tenth the cars on the lots here in North Texas.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Go to the website gmbuypower key in your zipcode and it will tell you. I'm starting to see GTO's on the road. Just based off of that I'd say they are selling better here. Most of the dealers in this area have 1-2 left, but they are still shipping to the port and out of the port till early september. It doesn't look like the dealers will have excess supply on them, and there are not major changes for next year like the ones from 04 to 05. Also there are still people waitng for ordered cars and GM has been shipping those with less priority, so a boatload (LOL) of the ones coming in or at the port may be sold already.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn't count too much on any crazy nice deals for the left over 05's... if there are any. Also if you do plan on getting the 05 you had better start looking now if you want a specific color/tranny combination. They're just going to get harder to find depending where you live.

And fergy, where the heck are you seeing GTO's here. I still see MAYBE one a month other than mine and my friends if I'm lucky... lol they just seem so rare still.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
RiceEater said:
Yeah, I wouldn't count too much on any crazy nice deals for the left over 05's... if there are any. Also if you do plan on getting the 05 you had better start looking now if you want a specific color/tranny combination. They're just going to get harder to find depending where you live.

And fergy, where the heck are you seeing GTO's here. I still see MAYBE one a month other than mine and my friends if I'm lucky... lol they just seem so rare still.
I went up to Gainesville last night to run it down the track. I was in shock to see more GTO's than Mustangs. On the road I'm seeing 2 per month now. I have several that are close to me. A Torrid Red 04 in Mt. Dora, a Yellow Jacket with black stripes 04 in Lady Lake and another Yellow Jacket 04 in Leesburg. I'll let you know the next time I head to the strip.

There aren't any 05's close to Mt. Dora, But I have seen them on both dealers lots here and they are gone. Mostly I'm seeing the 05's near Ocala and Gainesville.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I saw a recent article that said that most of the remaining 2005's that have been produced have been spoken for. There are markets where GTO's are available on the ground, but it is regional. There are still some on the way from Australia too, so you may want to check with your local dealers to see if they have any on the way.

Just don't look for many bargain basement deals on 2005's. Sales have been so good, GM has removed the GTO from the employee pricing promotion, and is essentially not offering any incentives on it.

Last year the press wanted to put this car in the grave. This year GM probably should have made more of them they have been so hot.

·
Registered
565 Posts
fergyflyer said:
I went up to Gainesville last night to run it down the track. I was in shock to see more GTO's than Mustangs. On the road I'm seeing 2 per month now. I have several that are close to me. A Torrid Red 04 in Mt. Dora, a Yellow Jacket with black stripes 04 in Lady Lake and another Yellow Jacket 04 in Leesburg. I'll let you know the next time I head to the strip.

There aren't any 05's close to Mt. Dora, But I have seen them on both dealers lots here and they are gone. Mostly I'm seeing the 05's near Ocala and Gainesville.
That's so crazy, I would think that where I live (Maitland) should also have a good number driving around cause it's a more... well I hate to say it, but high class/snobby town, kind of like Mt. Dora can be ;)

I also know the two closest dealers to me, Cortesy Pontiac (Sanford) and McNamara Pontiac (Orlando) seem to be selling of their goats, but not very quickly. McNamara alone still has like 10-15 on the lot I'm sure.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
RiceEater said:
That's so crazy, I would think that where I live (Maitland) should also have a good number driving around cause it's a more... well I hate to say it, but high class/snobby town, kind of like Mt. Dora can be ;)

I also know the two closest dealers to me, Cortesy Pontiac (Sanford) and McNamara Pontiac (Orlando) seem to be selling of their goats, but not very quickly. McNamara alone still has like 10-15 on the lot I'm sure.
Mcnamara got 12 GTO's in February, and sold them all by the 1st week in March. They really market the GTO, and a salesman there told me they sell them on the internet and ship them everywhere.

I know what you mean about Lake county. You ain't sheet if you don't drive a 10' tall diesel truck.

·
Registered
565 Posts
fergyflyer said:
Mcnamara got 12 GTO's in February, and sold them all by the 1st week in March. They really market the GTO, and a salesman there told me they sell them on the internet and ship them everywhere.

I know what you mean about Lake county. You ain't sheet if you don't drive a 10' tall diesel truck.
That's crazy... McNamara has had a good stock of them come and go then cauhse like I said I know they have a good few sitting on the lot right now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I sell GM and other products.To date, we have no GTO's and one coming in.We actually had no problems selling 04's and people are still calling us for 05's.We will sell the one thats coming in at full sticker,NO employee pricing here.Which in turn will boost our resale value .Our dealership is in north jersey.So if your looking for a 05' leftover at a great deal GOODLUCK! :D

·
Registered
410 Posts
I've been calling around to the salvage yards looking for a brake up grade. Apparently, there has been another train derailment involving GTOs. The salvage yards have their noses bent because GM donated the GTOs to schools for kids to learn to dismantle and rebuild cars. Can you believe being a kid and getting to work on LS2s!?!?! The vehicles must not have been as badly damaged as the ones from the April train incident in Iowa. Anyway, if they keep losing 05 GTOs from train wreaks at this rate, many new owners that ordered 05s are going to be getting 06s ... and ... end of the year deals are unlikely.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Xman said:
I've been calling around to the salvage yards looking for a brake up grade. Apparently, there has been another train derailment involving GTOs. The salvage yards have their noses bent because GM donated the GTOs to schools for kids to learn to dismantle and rebuild cars. Can you believe being a kid and getting to work on LS2s!?!?! The vehicles must not have been as badly damaged as the ones from the April train incident in Iowa. Anyway, if they keep losing 05 GTOs from train wreaks at this rate, many new owners that ordered 05s are going to be getting 06s ... and ... end of the year deals are unlikely.
Bittersweet!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.