Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting thing happened yesterday! The wife gets into the GTO to take it for her first drive. She goes to move the seat up (she is 5'2") and the seat will not budge. So I tell her to start the car that maybe it won't let you move the seat after the key has been in the ignition for a certain amount of time. (I leave the key in the ignition in the garage) She starts the car and still nothing. I tell her to get out and I get in. Now the seat is set perfect for me. I move it back and then hold out my clutch foot to move the seat to its perfect placement for me to extend the clutch completely. I get it there and thats when it hit me, my seat is set the the closest it can go forward. I am 5' 11" and I have long legs. I can not image someone like a Tom Cruise or Micheal J Fox wanting to drive a GTO cuz my guess is they would not be able to reach the pedals.

Is this just me or have other people noticed this?

Up side is, I don't have to worry about the wife ever being able to take the GTO out for a spin. heheeheh

·
Registered
233 Posts
I am only 5feet two, my seat moves forward enough . So did the stick I test drove. You might want to have your seat lookedat.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting.

My salesman called and spoke to my wife yesterday just to see how things were going with the GTO. She told him about the seat and he said that it must have something wrong with it and to bring it in to service.

Do I?

MY WIFE CAN'T REACH THE PEDALS!!!!!!

Fits me just fine!

hehe

I figure I have another 36 months for them to fix the problem.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Freelancer said:
Interesting.

My salesman called and spoke to my wife yesterday just to see how things were going with the GTO. She told him about the seat and he said that it must have something wrong with it and to bring it in to service.

Do I?

MY WIFE CAN'T REACH THE PEDALS!!!!!!

Fits me just fine!

hehe

I figure I have another 36 months for them to fix the problem.
:agree :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Seat won't move forward

My wife took the car last night and called to say that she couldn't get the seat to move forward. She got frustrated (while driving) and eventually pulled the lever off. When she got home I snapped it back on and the seat seemed to move fine for me. I am guess there is something to this thread. My wife is no mechanic but we have 3 Pontiacs with similar controls. She can adjust a seat.

(Not to mention she can row through the gears like a banshee. She didn't want the stick but she really likes it.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.