Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was surprised to catch the '04 GTO on Car and Driver Television. The impression I got was that the reviewers didn't like the GTO at all. One quotation was: "They cancelled the camaro for this?" Another comment was that GTO was "pudgy and unathletic" on the race track.

I am still buying one but the negative press reviews doesn't make me feel good about the choice. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I wouldn't care if every breathing human being didn't like my GTO, what only matters is what I think of it. You should think the same way.

·
Registered
159 Posts
This is also coming from the guys who said the viper handles like its on rails... and that the mustang is a better performer... they are only a little biased to non GM cars... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
98 Posts
c&d

I saw a C&D today where they compared the GT40 and a couple of euro sports cars. Of course they couldn't say enough good things about the GT40, and claim that it won. It seems to me that they have a "Pro-Ford" bias. I was very disappointed with the show, and I had a queasy feeling in my stomach when it was over. BLECH! Based on what they said, and they way they said it, I think I would have rather had the Ferarri they showed. I have owned more Fords than I care to admit, and had way more problems with them than I ever had with other makes, (with the possible exception of my mother's 1984 Plymouth Horizon, but that's a whole 'nother story.) I would never own another Ford, period. I have not and will never own a Mopar, period. I'm not so adamant about most foreign cars. :)
C&D can keep their opinions to themselves. :cheers

Happy Motoring!

Maximental

·
Registered
212 Posts
I just thought it was funny that they said the GTO had plenty of power... but around the road course they couldn't get the rear end to come around even if they wanted to. Looks like they didn't realize the car had traction control :lol:

·
Banned
59 Posts
Well If U Guys Didnt Know Ill Tell U....Ford Not Only Is A Partial Owner Of Car And Driver Magazine, It's The Official Sponsor!

·
Registered
83 Posts
toyotatom said:
I wouldn't care if every breathing human being didn't like my GTO, what only matters is what I think of it. You should think the same way.

:agree :cheers

my sentiments exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Redline said:
This is also coming from the guys who said the viper handles like its on rails... :
Which one? I have a test of the '95 RT and they called it "spooky" and their test driver at the time said it was the only car he ever spun on the skidpad.

I think C&D is by far the most consistent of the mags. If you don't like or disagree with their opinions (they actually have opinions, unlike some mags), then don't buy the magazine. Simple as that.

BTW, the '95 test I referenced above was a sports car comparison test. The Lotus Esprit S4s came in dead last. They didn't like much about it at all but all their criticisms were valid. Guess what car I own?

PGoldz said:
Ford Not Only Is A Partial Owner Of Car And Driver Magazine
Car & Driver is owned by Hachette publishing which is, in turn, owned by a giant French company, Lagardere SCA. Where exactly does Ford enter into all of this?

Actually, a bizarre but true statement is that Saddam Hussein owns part of Car & Driver (as well as Road & Track, Elle, Woman's Day, etc). See Snopes.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I was disappointed with C&D's review of the GTO, it's one of the best cars I have driven. I think GM could have done a better job making it a little sportier!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
toyotatom said:

This may be true but there are diehard enthusiasts of the Pontiac Aztek that use more or less the same reasoning.

If National Lampoon's Vacation were filmed in 2005, Clark Griswold and his clan would be taking their cross country trip to Wally World in one of these - except it would have a two-tone, tan and pea green paint job.

As Radiohead explained in one of their recent songs: "Just cause you feel it doesn't mean its real."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts