Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The C5 corvette's don't come with a spare. The coupe and convertible comes with run flat tires. The Z06 comes with a can of fix a flat and a air compressor. How much does the GTO spare cost (wheel and tire)? I tried the spare on the front of my corvette, but not the rear. It works.

·
Registered
49 Posts
cuspid said:
The C5 corvette's don't come with a spare. The coupe and convertible comes with run flat tires. The Z06 comes with a can of fix a flat and a air compressor. How much does the GTO spare cost (wheel and tire)? I tried the spare on the front of my corvette, but not the rear. It works.
If it clears the brakes on the front it should on the rear, too.

However, if the rolling circumference of the spare isn't close to that of the wheel and tire you replace, it might cause some ABS and traction control problems. You can always turn off TC in the Vette, of course. However, in the rear, if the diameter is not correct in the rear, it will cause excessive wear in the limited slip differential.

Sorry, don't know the price. The spare looks cool, though!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
None of the corvette owners have been able to find a spare till now. Rear wheels are 18". The coupes and convertibles can drive 50 miles with 0 air pressure. If you have a Z06, you hope fix a flat helps. No spares since 1996. Rumor is the GTO spare is $250.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.