Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 06 GTO has a weird stalling issue.

When I restart the car after turning it off for a few minutes (example: run to the store, shut car, off, come back out a few minutes later) the car starts for about 2 seconds then stalls and shuts off. :willy:

After the stall, it will start up and run normally.

Seems to happen "every-so-often", not every time.

Anyone have this issue?

·
Registered
197 Posts
I Used To Have Have That Problem. The Dealer Said They Reprgramed The Pcm. That Stop It. But Now I Cant Burn Rubber

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Just a hunch, but try this: When restarting your car, turn the key to the "on" position. You should hear the fuel pump start running. It runs for a couple of seconds, then shuts off when the line's fully pressurized. See if that changes anything. It's obviously not the equivalent of heading to the dealership for a checkup -- but I do this in mine and never have an issue.

·
Registered
197 Posts
What do you mean that you can't burn rubber after the reprogram?
my bad, i went there for the idle fluctuation i think they did nothing with the program. and i still cant burn rubber by power braking. yes the trac lock is off

·
Registered
236 Posts
Mine only does that from a cold start. Sometimes I wonder if its from all the oil 'blow by' (per se) via the pcv system. I had to drill the throttle plate to solve an idle searching issue...........I was amazed at the oil residue inside the intake manifold. Next project: catch can

·
Registered
197 Posts
you drilled a hole threw the throtle plate? doesant the pcm control the idle or the i.a.c. how did you drill it? and where? my searches on occasions even while hot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts