Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By my WIFE no less.

We went to Dallas on vacation/business last week and I had my eyes set on trading in my '04 Marauder with 302hp, on an '06 Blue/Blue GTO.
Wife did not want me to trade and was adamant about not wanting me to buy a GTO.
Anyway, I purchased the GTO on Monday, 3/13/06 and while I was in Conference Sessions Wed. through Sat., she drove the GTO and of course, the more she drove it the more she liked it.
Get Back to Memphis Sunday night and on Monday, guess who takes the GTO to work? Now I'm driving the '04 Taurus. Life can be cruel at times.
Tuesday evening I asked her how she likes "her new car" and she replied with a smile, "I do seem to get home quicker than before."
We did agree that I would get custody on the weekends.
She deserves to drive a new car for a while as we bought the Taurus used.
At least I got to drive it back from Dallas to Memphis.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Welcome to our little corner of the world. :cool

It is the most awesome and fun place to enjoy a cup of coffee or a beer, light hearted banter and some serious GTO enthusiasm. :cheers

Shared custody??? I consider letting my husband drive our goat on occassion!! :rofl:

I'll tell you this much, it can get pretty comical watching the two of us running to see who can get to the drivers seat first!!!:rofl: :rofl:
Let the Party begin!:party:
Monica

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sounds like a good reason to purchase another one!!!!!! Tell your wife that you thought a HIS and HERS thing would look good in the driveway.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm one of the lucky ones. I asked my wife when she wants to drive the GTO and she hasn't yet. She knows how to drive a stick but I feel she is intimidated by the power of the car. She has never driven a V8 car.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Reno'sGoat said:
I'm one of the lucky ones. I asked my wife when she wants to drive the GTO and she hasn't yet. She knows how to drive a stick but I feel she is intimidated by the power of the car. She has never driven a V8 car.
Consider yourself lucky:cheers I taught my wife how to drive stick in my 98 Cobra and she hated it, but the second she got behind the wheel of my Goat it's been difficult to pry her gruby little hands of the steering wheel ever since! :mad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.