Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought my GTO in to have the original driver seat cover replaced. On delivery there was a defect in the leather that was very noticeable when you were getting in the car. They ordered a new cover and I just brought it in to get replaced.

Late yesterday afternoon I get a call, I say "They couldn't finish today?" the woman in service says "Oh they finished, they worked over 5 1/2 hours on it. The bad news is that the seat's wire harness broke and we have to order a new one." I think to myself that if they finished the harness would be connected and I could pick up my car. Now I have to call to see if they were able to get the part and I can pick up my car tonight. Based on all of the stories I have read here I am not too hopeful. Parts seem to never be easy to get.

I put off bringing the car in because I new it would take all day and I did not want to be without it for a whole day. Now I don't know when I will get it back. I want to scream!!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They got the part in next day and had it installed before I got off work.

When I went to pick it up the car had been detailed by the upholstery guys to make sure the existing leather matched the new. I was so happy to see how good it still looks all cleaned up. It has been raining so much around here I haven't washed it in a while.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
johnebgoode said:
Typical dealership screw up. Sorry to hear it.
How about giving the dealership guys a break,huh? Trying to get your vehicle fixed in a timely fashion with limited parts accessability and technical assistance(from G.M.) that is not always up to date is not easy. Thank God for the customer that understands they are riding in a machine that has between 5 to 8 programable computers(powertrain control module, body control module, sensing diagnostic module,powertrain interface module, antilock brake/traction control module,ect) as well as the engine, transmission and interior components. All of which can have problems that need 1: to be diagnosed 2: Have a part obtained 3: Have that part installed(and often programmed) I'm not saying don't be upset when your car is broke, but give some thought to the people who's giving the effort to get you back in it as soon as possible.

·
Registered
188 Posts
PEARL JAM said:
How about giving the dealership guys a break,huh? Trying to get your vehicle fixed in a timely fashion with limited parts accessability and technical assistance(from G.M.) that is not always up to date is not easy. Thank God for the customer that understands they are riding in a machine that has between 5 to 8 programable computers(powertrain control module, body control module, sensing diagnostic module,powertrain interface module, antilock brake/traction control module,ect) as well as the engine, transmission and interior components. All of which can have problems that need 1: to be diagnosed 2: Have a part obtained 3: Have that part installed(and often programmed) I'm not saying don't be upset when your car is broke, but give some thought to the people who's giving the effort to get you back in it as soon as possible.
Like the ol' adage says, "Don't take life so seriously....You'll never get out of it alive!"
:lol:

·
Registered
910 Posts
PEARL JAM said:
The Goat is my 6th NEW car in 10 yrs. Nothing ever changes with dealerships, their song and dance methods of trying to get out of their responsiblities and the uncanny methods and excuses they have for not having a car done according to THEIR schedule, or not being able to get a part. I have located my own so called hard to get parts from other dealers after being told it would take 2 weeks to get. I've been in the automotive business since '72 so they can't BS me when it comes to parts. I agree that labor time can be an issue, however it always seems to be parts delay, not labor time.

·
Registered
24 Posts
a lot of people seem to think that dealerships go out of their way to not fix the cars. because that would make sense. we really want you to come in all pissed off. somehow that must make our day. most times the reason cars do not get done is so outside dealer employees control. it could be a problem with parts, UPS, factory assistance, factory technology, and so on. I'm not expecting people to just sit there and take BS but sit back and think about what happened and look at it from the other side of the desk. we are the ones that have to call you and tell you that it's not done or something went wrong. now we are getting bitched at because of something that we have no control over. there are some dealers out there that really don't care about their customers. but those are few and far between. if you are unfortunate enough to be serviceing at one just change dealers. there are plenty to choose from. it could just be a problem with that advisor. maybe try another advisor at the same dealer. just because you are next doesn't mean that you have to go to that advisor. wait for the next one. one last thing to keep in mind is you will most likely get back what you give. when it comes to the end of the day and I have to make a choice which one of 2 cars will get completed. I'm going to get the nice customers car done. they will appreciate it. the other guy will probably yell at me anyways. just food for thought from the front lines

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
MIC1008 said:
a lot of people seem to think that dealerships go out of their way to not fix the cars. because that would make sense. we really want you to come in all pissed off. somehow that must make our day. most times the reason cars do not get done is so outside dealer employees control. it could be a problem with parts, UPS, factory assistance, factory technology, and so on. I'm not expecting people to just sit there and take BS but sit back and think about what happened and look at it from the other side of the desk. we are the ones that have to call you and tell you that it's not done or something went wrong. now we are getting bitched at because of something that we have no control over. there are some dealers out there that really don't care about their customers. but those are few and far between. if you are unfortunate enough to be serviceing at one just change dealers. there are plenty to choose from. it could just be a problem with that advisor. maybe try another advisor at the same dealer. just because you are next doesn't mean that you have to go to that advisor. wait for the next one. one last thing to keep in mind is you will most likely get back what you give. when it comes to the end of the day and I have to make a choice which one of 2 cars will get completed. I'm going to get the nice customers car done. they will appreciate it. the other guy will probably yell at me anyways. just food for thought from the front lines

:agree AMEN!!!

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
My experiences with the P-P-Pontiac dealerships (yes, more than one) has been one of frustration over shoddy workmanship, laziness, and a general attitude of DILLIGAF.

I can't help but compare and contrast to the BMW dealership I used before I bought my Holden, where they would take you-- the customer-- into the shop to show you the problem and discuss your options. They actually listened to you. I built up a relationship with them of trust.

The P-P-Pontiac delership, conversely, is one where you, the customer, is an idiot and is not capable of communicating with them. After-service test drives are just a waste of time, and bringing parts in for timely service is just not necessary.

I love this car, but since GMNA keeps such a laissez-faire aprroach to repair depots bearing their name, it will be a very long time before I buy another new GM product...if ever.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm not 100% sure but you may be able to take your car a Chevy dealership of even a Cadillac dealer. you could request the top Corvette or CTS tech to work on your car. try other options. with your commute you should be able to find a dealer that gives that same attention as the BMW dealer. I work at an Audi dealership and my Pontiac dealer actually takes care of me nicely. When my wife has a Nissan I did not have the same care given to me that I had come to expect. It may be worth a phone call to see if you can get serviced at one of the sister franchises

G

·
my seat had a defect in it and was takin in to be fixxed and now the button on the top of the seat by the latch won't work,next time i go in i'll have um fix it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well my complaint is that I did not want to part with my car for the whole day. Then it turned into 2 days. I have no complaints about the dealership and would recommend them to everyone. I have not had any of the problems that everyone else has had. The mileage did not even change so that means that the seat was removed and brought to the upholstery place not driven there. I was dreading the stories I have heard here about waiting weeks for parts, but the dealership did not let me down and had it ready the very next day. :party:

·
Registered
22 Posts
no offense, but my new carpet is still on back order for 4 months. and my carpet now smells like crap b/c of the leaks.

so far total time in the shop for my GTO since purchase in 12/04 has been about 25 days. Only good thing is they're giving me a check for 5 months of payments b/c i bitched that i wanted to go lemon law.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.